Dr. ****** probing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. ****** probing

Since very recently the meibomian gland probing procedure invented by dr. ****** is available here in The Netherlands.
    Only one optometrist in the whole country can currently offer this.
    A whole range of tests will be done first to establish how severe the condition of the patient is. One of these tests is a meibography. This is completely unprecedented here.
    I read on their website about how and what tests they run before the procedure and what can be expected during the procedure itself,but i see nothing about what happens afterwards. Isn't it so that a course of anti biotics and/or steroids is recommended in order to optimise the results? I thought that i read somewhere that dr. ****** in some cases even injects the steroids directly into the glands.
    Anyone here who has experience with this and is willing to give me some advice? If i'd decide to go ahead and have this procedure done i think it would be A waste of time and money if i do not to take the proper medications afterwards..
    Last edited by patrick; 24-Oct-2015, 15:23.

I had probing done with Dr. ******, the injection of steroids was done to me but that's because I asked him to do it. It is not always done. I was given antibiotics because of tear duct cautery.

Comment

Originally posted by xpro View Post
      I had probing done with Dr. ******, the injection of steroids was done to me but that's because I asked him to do it. It is not always done. I was given antibiotics because of tear duct cautery.
      Thanks. Did you have positive results with this procedure? And if so,how long did it last?
      Its all a bit unclear,but i'll make an appointment for an exploratory talk and discuss whether they recommend any medications afterwards or not.
      I read on their website that they do recommend to have the tearducts plugged at least temporarily. I already have permanent lower tear duct plugs and i'm considering to have the uppers plugged to with a pair of dissolvable plugs in case i'd be a candidate for probing.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post

Thanks. Did you have positive results with this procedure? And if so,how long did it last?
        Its all a bit unclear,but i'll make an appointment for an exploratory talk and discuss whether they recommend any medications afterwards or not.
        I read on their website that they do recommend to have the tearducts plugged at least temporarily. I already have permanent lower tear duct plugs and i'm considering to have the uppers plugged to with a pair of dissolvable plugs in case i'd be a candidate for probing.
        After getting probed my lids were inflamed, but after weeks passed I started to see the positive effects. I am still seeing the positive effects after a year has passed.

Comment

I got probed by Dr ****** late last year. Unfortunately, things got a little worse for me after that. Within a day. If I were to give it a number, about 20% worse. And that effect has lasted till now.

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
          X