Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy eye products in USA?

Hello
    I am travelling to america in 4 weeks and i was wondering if there are any physical stores that sell products for us with this diagnosis...
    For example tranquil eyes, wind and sun protective glasses and much more....
    I hope someone can give me some idéas of where to go.
    I will be in Chicago, St Louis and Tulsa/Oklahoma during my trip.

Thanks
    Cicilia

Hi Cicilia,

There are places to buy most things locally BUT the difficulty is there is no place that has them all. So you may need to come up with a list of all the different places to hit. Most of the manufacturers have a dealer locator page, HOWEVER, it's not safe to just go by that because those dealer lists don't mean that the dealer has all the products from that manufacturer or even has any of them in stock.

Here's what I would do if it were me: Find out the zip code of all the places you're going to be, then get to work with the dealer locators of the manufacturers:

1) Tranquileyes (+quartz, onyix, etc): Check out EYE ECO'S dealer locator
    Or you may just want to email the company and ask them if they can help you find someone where you're going that has all the products you want to try.

2) 7Eye eyewear: Dealer locator. In general the best ones are the Harley Davidson and someones the Bass Pro shops but what you should do is first look up online (I think I have all the relevant models in my shop) to get the names of all the models you want to try on and email or call the shops to see if they have them in stock. The one product that is more of a problem is Ziena Oasis, you may have a hard time finding someplace to try that on but possibly one of the doctors offices on the locator list. If not, or if you have a hard time finding other eyewear you want to try, you could order it online and arrange to have it shipped directly to where you'll be so you can just try it on and then send it back if it doesn't fit. Most online dealers (certainly the manufacturers, plus my shop) are fine with accepting returns as long as they're not used.

3) Wiley X eyewear: Dealer locator Same advice as for 7Eye. Best is to find a HD dealer who has both 7Eye and Wiley and they may have other brands that have foam eyecups too.

4) Lid hygiene products (Ocusoft, etc). Most good sized drugstores have a reasonable selection of these. Try a Walgreens or Rite Aid.

If there are other products you want to track down locally post again or don't hesitate to email me (if you already have sorry... sometimes I'm slow on replying) for help.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X