Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a connection between Gallbladder and Dry Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a connection between Gallbladder and Dry Eye?

Hi Everyone,

For the past nine months I have been dealing with dry eye and a lack of tear production (lacrimal gland). Around the time that my eye problems started I also started developing stomach pains. At the time I thought they were related to antibiotics I was taking and they went away for a while but then returned a couple of months later. They would come and go off and on over the next nine months, along with diarrhea and wait loss, along with my eyes getting worse.

I recently had my gallbladder ultrasounded and it is full of stones. I have pain in the gallbladder region on my right side as well as pain on my left side.

Since the dry eye started at roughly the same time as the gallbladder pain, I am wondering, is there any connection between a malfunctioning gallbladder and dry eye? I have found a few posts online that seem to imply a connection but no real proof of anything or any medical literature that I can find that says the two are linked.

Does anyone here know if gallstones are at all linked to dry eye?

I am hoping that having my gallbladder removed will give me some relief from the dry eye so I am looking to see if the gallbladder can be blamed as the cause of my dry eye.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I don’t know if you still visit this blog but I’m gonna post my answer for future reference.

Ive reading a lot of information saying that a weak or “sick” gallbladder and cause dry eyes. Please watch this video and you can see what I mean. Basically he says the body is not absorbing vitamin A.

hope it helps.
    https://youtu.be/sClhZpNDIQ4

Comment

Originally posted by sophie0416 View Post
      I don’t know if you still visit this blog but I’m gonna post my answer for future reference.

Ive reading a lot of information saying that a weak or “sick” gallbladder and cause dry eyes. Please watch this video and you can see what I mean. Basically he says the body is not absorbing vitamin A.

hope it helps.
      https://youtu.be/sClhZpNDIQ4
      Interesting. I wonder if there's something to that. I recently found out I have celiac disease, which can interfere with vitamin absorption. However, when I had my blood checked for Vitamin A my level was normal. I wonder if you can have a normal blood level of vitamin a but still not absorb it properly?

Comment

I really don’t know, I got a blood test done last week and they will give me the results this Thursday, hopefully they will let me know if there’s a problem with my gallbladder or my vitamin A..

I’ve been taking supplements, vitamin A and D, but let’s see how it goes. Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X