Mgd probing in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mgd probing in the uk

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone knows a doctor in the uk who does mgd probing ?
    Preferably around the north west area ?

Has anyone had the procedure done before ? And would they recommend it ? I am currently on doxycycline and use warm compresses. The warm compresses do not seem to be working my right eye is dry but not as bad as the left eye when I look at the glands in the left upper eyelid they all look yellow and blocked .

Ben

Hi Benjamin

David O'Brart at Guy's at St. Thomas' in London does it. I went for a consultation with him and he didn't recommend it for me as he felt 10 days of Azithroymycin antibiotics would improve it even though I'd been on Doxy before with no benefit. I emailed him with an update as to how I'd got on at his request with no response. Appointment was £200 and I was there for 20 mins incl. 5 mins Schirmers test. I don't know anyone locally to you that does it. Someone else on the forum had seen David O'Brart with good results and had the procedure but I can't remember who it was, sorry. Hopefully they will chime in.

Comment

Working...
    X