Dryeye Orlando physician?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryeye Orlando physician?

Has anyone found a physician in the Orlando area, that takes the time to help treat dryeye symptoms? Meibomian glands secrete little.

I have tried many in Orlando. I live in Gotha. I am really not happy with any yet. Let me know if you come across one!

Comment

Orlando Dryeye

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
      I have tried many in Orlando. I live in Gotha. I am really not happy with any yet. Let me know if you come across one!
      I have only received your mail. Will keep you informed when I do hear from someone. Merry Christmas!

Comment

I have seen Dr. Aurobach in Maitland. They were OK. I saw Dr. Haas in downtown Orlando. He helped me with another eye issue I have and he did a great job, however, his bedside manner is horrible. I am now with Dr. Raja in Dr. Phillips area. I have gone to him for a year. He is nice, but is so quick with his answers and seems very wishy washy like he really does not know what to do next for me. I would rather have someone that is sure of themselves. Dr. Aueroback - eye physicians of central florida the best I guess because at least he seemed like he was sure of himself. It was just that he is so far for me. Maybe give him a try and see what you think. Otherwise, check some out and let me know if YOU find anyone. hahaha. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

Comment

You could try Dr. ****** in Tampa. However, as you may know, he does not accept insurance, and therefore, can be quite expensive. He is well known on this message board.

Comment

Have any of you tried the Yager Institute for Lipiflow @ $800 for the procedure for one eye? Was it successful?

Comment

I'm looking for anyone who has tried Lipiflow. At $800 for one eye procedure, was if successful?

Comment

Does Dr. ****** in Tampa have the machine for Lipiflow? Anyone found it worth the $800 per eye cost? Yager institute in Orlando is pushing it as only treatment and no guarantees!!

Comment

Dryeye

Originally posted by Gram View Post
                  I'm looking for anyone who has tried Lipiflow. At $800 for one eye procedure, was if successful?
                  I visited the Yager Institute in Orlando, decided not to opt for the $800 per eye meibomian gland treatment, ( the only offering for my dryeye), went to Dr.Goldey in Mt.Dora for a similar procedure, little less expensive. She suggested Dr. ****** in Tampa because my meibomian glands produced only one gland expression of oil. One.
                  Now with Dr.******, he cauterized my tear ducts and now have had surgery with amniotic tissue sutured to my cornea on the left eye, That eye has reduced vision now, he tells me I may need a new lens for the glasses. He was ready to schedule my right eye the following week after surgery. Told him I could not drive, I live in Orlando, if my right eye would be affected in like manner. He did not tell me of possible impaired vision, actually thought I would have improvement in the vision. Now, after four weeks and two follow-ups, I will be back to see him on Thursday. Wonder if he will suggest the meibomian prob, tho by his machine he sees that I have atrophied glands. Am at a loss of staying with him, manner is curt and dismissal. Believe by his note writing I am part of his study. Will keep posted

Comment

I'm reporting that my AMT (amniotic tissue transplant ) has not eased my dry eye symptoms of blurry, irritated and red eyes. Am going to have the lower lid retraction on one eye next week. Theory is: to halt the excessive drying of the eye because of more exposure to air. One eye first!

Comment

Working...
                    X