Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA-Area dry eye support group meeting (July, RSVP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA-Area dry eye support group meeting (July, RSVP)

I was really delighted to make the acquaintance this week of a lady running a dry eye support group in Orange County!! (If there are more of these elsewhere in the country I sure hope we can find out about them in order to make information available here about where they are and when the meetings are!)

The Orange County group has meetings every two months in Laguna Hills, and they have a doctor speaker at each meeting. The next meeting is scheduled for:

Monday, July 9th
    12:00 - 2:00 pm
    Saddleback Memorial Medical Center

IMPORTANT: Please RSVP to Judi at 949-933-2417 if you wish to attend. They need to know how many people are coming in order to plan for space, food, etc.

Click on the attachment for the July meeting flier with directions.

Since July is Dry Eye Awareness Month, it may be a good opportunity for some publicity for our cause, too....
    Attached Files
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Im surprised all the time at the amount of dry eye "stuff" that happens outside of this website.

Like I've mentioned in other threads, I do a lot of bass fishing and own a bassboat. Theres a big internet forum I follow that deals directly with bassboats. Theres not really anything that goes on in the world of bassboats that isn't mentioned somewhere in that forum.

I was so happy to have found this website. Now why wouldn't anyone thats worth their weight in salt running a dry eye support group know about this site and get this kind of information out there. Rebecca has done an essential and amazing thing getting and keeping this site going. Maybe there is just such a small percentage of people that have DES that read this forum that things get overlooked. If I was a DES doctor, I would tell every patient about this site. Theres nothing more real than other people dealing with the same problems.

Of course it makes sense that their would be a support group for DES. I just never thought about one. A person wouldn't have to worry about people breaking down and crying at this support group...nobodys got any tears to begin with!!!

Comment

Hey Bass.........how about Kevin VanDam as a spokesman? JUST KIDDING.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Well theres got to be some celebrity somewhere that has DES...we just need to figure out who it is.

I've met KVD at tournaments, but since youre in the same town...I nominate you to go to his door and ask!!!

Comment

Yeah, right Bass, I'm sure KVD would step right up for the cause and probably no one but the two of us would know who he was. I think folks are looking for a more public and varied profile than a professional fisherman.

Actually, and a few of us know this, we've been waiting for a long time...like 7 years for someone to take this spot, but so far--only more serious causes have gotten a sponsor. We have to settle for this website and it's a whole lot better than we had a few years ago.

Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Well, we had Janine Turner a few years ago...

Remember her? Northern Exposure??? I am quite sure she was the original spokesperson for Restasis.

Natalie

Comment

Reminder

Just a reminder... the Orange County Support Group meeting is coming up shortly. If you are planning to attend don't forget to RSVP.

I think this is an excellent group - the ladies who have organized it are doing a really good job running it. I am planning to attend one of their meetings later in the year.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Looking for a Car Pool?

Any chance someone would be heading South (from L.A.) to go to this? I'm in the South Bay area, would like to go, but it's too far for me to drive alone.

One never knows without asking. P.M. me if you think we could do this?

Great hope and thanks,
                Rose

Comment

Rose,

Please check the dates... this thread is from 2007.

There will however be a July 2008 meeting. I'll post details when I get them.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Ooops, I missed that, Sorry.

Oh well, I do hope for the same opportunity this year.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X