UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas question

Anyone know if their optical dept. can make moisture chamber eyeglasses?

Billye

don't know, but to inquire is sometimes to inspire

Don't know, Billye, but even if they've never made them there before, inquiring may stimulate someone to surface who will, at least try. Scott Kornfeld, the master optician in New York who makes beautiful moisture chambers, is very open to consulting with novices who want to learn. I think Scott's info. is posted elsewhere here. . .If not, ping again, and I'll put up his phone no. and a link to an article he ghost-wrote on how to construct the glasses. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info Rozen. I'll be going there for another appt and hope to find out before I go. I think I'll try calling them.

Billye

Comment

Not good news

I called UT Southwestern in Dallas today. I was told that they no longer make moisture chamber eyeglasses. Seems they have someone who trained to do it, but she said it takes about 2 hours with the patient and I no longer have the time or staff. So she quit doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that someone who trained to do this has to stop because of ......money.......

This is a big teaching hospital. Really can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my rant for the day. If anyone finds someone in the Dallas area who can do this, please post on this site.

Billye

Comment

Working...
        X