Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone recommend a doc in NW Atlanta, or anywhere in Georgia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recommend a doc in NW Atlanta, or anywhere in Georgia?

Thanks, hoping to find a good one as my current doc is passing the buck on me.

Same here. I am moving down to Atlanta and need a good eye doc to deal with my eyes and a good optician to make good lenses for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Need2Know View Post
      Hope this will help you to get to the right Dr. I have leukemia and after a stem cell transplant suffer with graft-vs-host disease which left me unable to make tears. The pain I suffered was lntense . I had a Dr at Emory hosp where my oncology team is , inserted plugs and every eye drop on the market. I was then referred to the person that makes sclera lens at Emory .After many months of fittings and expense , I just got no relief. After a bit over a year and lots of pain I went for a second opinion at the urging of my family . My vision was at that time was 20/200 in both eyes . I thought my fate was sealed but I was again referred to Dr Karen D Sumers , she examined my eyes and suggested to cordirise my lower ducts . I told her I was ready to try any thing because I was ready to put my head through a wall. When she finished and I left her office it was like a miracle had happened. No more pain I couldn,t believe it . The second visit she plugged my upper lids and the results have just been amazing. I go back to her in the morning and we will discuss closing the upper lids . She is my Angel. She in the Northwest medical Center on Howell Mill Rd just off interstate 75, (404) 355-5555 . I don't want to give the impression that the Drs at Emory are not up to standard they are excellent they saved my life more than once . My leukemia has been in remission for 6 yrs this Aug. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Need2Know View Post
        Please check out message from patapoo

Comment

Thanks for the good information, Patapoo,

I am moving to Atlanta and looking for a Dry Eye expert too. My situation is also very very bad, and i kind of ready to put my head through a wall too.

Btw, what do you mean by "cordirise my lower ducts", because i have lower plugs too.

And also, is Dr Karen D Sumers a Dry Eye expert?

Thanks,

Hasan

Originally posted by Patapoo View Post
          Hope this will help you to get to the right Dr. I have leukemia and after a stem cell transplant suffer with graft-vs-host disease which left me unable to make tears. The pain I suffered was lntense . I had a Dr at Emory hosp where my oncology team is , inserted plugs and every eye drop on the market. I was then referred to the person that makes sclera lens at Emory .After many months of fittings and expense , I just got no relief. After a bit over a year and lots of pain I went for a second opinion at the urging of my family . My vision was at that time was 20/200 in both eyes . I thought my fate was sealed but I was again referred to Dr Karen D Sumers , she examined my eyes and suggested to cordirise my lower ducts . I told her I was ready to try any thing because I was ready to put my head through a wall. When she finished and I left her office it was like a miracle had happened. No more pain I couldn,t believe it . The second visit she plugged my upper lids and the results have just been amazing. I go back to her in the morning and we will discuss closing the upper lids . She is my Angel. She in the Northwest medical Center on Howell Mill Rd just off interstate 75, (404) 355-5555 . I don't want to give the impression that the Drs at Emory are not up to standard they are excellent they saved my life more than once . My leukemia has been in remission for 6 yrs this Aug. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
            Thanks for the good information, Patapoo,

I am moving to Atlanta and looking for a Dry Eye expert too. My situation is also very very bad, and i kind of ready to put my head through a wall too.

Btw, what do you mean by "cordirise my lower ducts", because i have lower plugs too.

And also, is Dr Karen D Sumers a Dry Eye expert?

Thanks,

Hasan
            Sorry to have taken so long to answer . I'm sure I miss spelled this word but, it is were the ducts are closed by burning them. Let me know if you have more questions . My e-mail would be a quicker way to get a response aaakwa@aol.com
            Last edited by Patapoo; 25-Jun-2008, 13:51. Reason: aaakwa@aol.com

Comment

Thanks Patapoo,

Is the Dr good? An expert.

Hasan.

Originally posted by Patapoo View Post
              Sorry to have taken so long to answer . I'm sure I miss spelled this word but, it is were the ducts are closed by burning them. Let me know if you have more questions . My e-mail would be a quicker way to get a response aaakwa@aol.com

Comment

Working...
              X