Biggest expert on Tear Film/Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest expert on Tear Film/Dry Eye

Who in the world is in the top bracket for research into the tear film and dry eye?

I vote for Alan Tomlinson based at the Centre for Vision in Health at Glasgow Caledonian University.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Question...

Biggest by what measure?

Best in research?
    Best in clinic?
    Best known?
    Most published?
    etc
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Speculation

Oh I was thinking after Dr Latkany responded to a question about the field of medical science lacking in this area-
      "And yes the medical field has little interest in this topic except financial and drugs are now becoming increasingly difficult to get through the FDA. Obviously for protective reasons."
      - I could do some reading via net to find interest. There are in fact many experts listed on tearfilm.org for instance.

The next questions would be why are there so many experts yet the doc at the clinical end thinks there is little interest?
      And why if we know so much about the tear film do I, after years of dry eye, have a bag full of flax seeds as my main treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by brd888 View Post
        Who in the world is in the top bracket for research into the tear film and dry eye?

I vote for Alan Tomlinson based at the Centre for Vision in Health at Glasgow Caledonian University.

Bruce

Have you been to see Alan Tomlinson? What's he like? Have you made any progress with him? I've been thinking of arranging an appointment with him for some time now.

Helen

Comment

No

No I haven't - I don't even know if he sees patients. But he has written a volume of papers on the subject.

Comment

Working...
          X