Great Eye Doc in Bellevue WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Eye Doc in Bellevue WA

Dr. Clayton at Bellevue Vision Clinic does a great job at investigating the situation and coming up with a good treatment. I have been seeing him for at least a year and my eyes feel much better. He is an excellent listener and sharp. A couple of times I felt my contact lens wearing days were over and he came up with accurate/effective treatments and strategies. He is very willing take the time to find a solution, yet is quick to solve the problem.

Thanks much! What kind of DES testing did he do?
    Last edited by kitty; 25-Jul-2008, 07:40.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Its been a year so my memory may not be perfect:

The doctor looked at tear breakup time, and squeezed on the lower lid meibomium glands and checked oil output and consistancy (like toothpaste). He also looked at my eyes with magnification to check the tears and spread of oil. He may have used fluorosciene (sp?), but I am not sure. I am sure he asked me some questions, but I do not remember what they were.

I think he did a Schirmer test, but that may have been with another doctor.

He then started me on tobradex for 5 days, minocycline for a couple of months, restastis, warm compresses, lid massages and lid scrubs. When I noticed immediate improvement with the tobradex (and also doing the compresses for 10 minutes with the rice baggy, that told him that I really did have ocular rosacea/meibomianitis (sp?).

Warm compresses had not helped me before this doc because I would use a washcloth for 5 minutes .

Comment

Working...
      X