Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a good doc in Toronto for RCE (CANADA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good doc in Toronto for RCE (CANADA)

I'm new to RCE, about three weeks now. I've been to a walk-in clinic, where my referal for an ophtomolgist is for 5 months away(!), and then my 3am trip to Emergency got me in to the eye clinic at the Toronto Western hospital, but both the doctors I saw there have kind of washed their hands of me because they see an abrasion that has now healed, and say that the pain I describe doesn't match the size of the abrasion. I've described the RCE syndrome and research I've been doing, and the last doctor said, "Well come back if it happens again...." Well it will happen again, tonight, 3 hours after I go to sleep! Then 3 hours after that, and so on, until I go the emergency room again.

I've been setting an alarm to wake me up every 2.5 hours so I can re-goop and at least avoid the pain.

While I'm researching and working on better long term solutions, I need a good doctor who understands this syndrome to go thru this with me. I haven't even been diagnosed, but I'm quite convinced from what I read here that this is what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for any leads on a good doctor in Toronto.

Hi

I will email you the doctor's name in Toronto

I am really surprised that you got such little help at Toronto Western because that's where the Sjogren's Clinic is located and that's where I was referred to by my ophtomologist as soon as my SS was confirmed through blood tests

Of all the clinics in various Toronto hospitals, the emerg. should have been sympathetic to you even if you don't have SS

eva

Comment

Working...
    X