Frisco (Dallas) Texas bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisco (Dallas) Texas bound

Hi everyone. I am new here. I just stumbled across this site and am so thankful for finding it. I have found lots of helpful information.

The one thing I have not found yet though is a good doctor in Frisco. At the moment I am in the hands a wonderful Dr in Brandon, Florida (Dr Haroon Ilyas MD). However My family and I are relocating to Frisco, Texas on Feb. 1st. If there is anyone who knows of a trustworthly and informative Ophthalmologist in that area please let me know. Any names would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Meela

I live in Fort Worth and asked the same thing long ago. I dont think there are any really well known DES docs in the metroplex. This is a optometrist in Coppell that used to post on here often. Dr Gemoules (went by Dr G or something similar on here). He quit posting and from my visit with him I dont think he is really interested in taking the time to treat a bunch of DES patients anymore.

I have seen Dr Pflugfelder in Houston a couple times, he is fairly well known in the DES world.

You might want to post that question on here for Dr Latkany in NY. I used to be a patient of his before i moved here and he gave me a name of a guy in Dallas that trained under him. I dont remember his name and never followed up with that guy however.

take care

Daren

Comment

Daren,

Thank you so much for that info. It was much appreciated.

Comment

Meela

I may have overstepped my bounds a bit saying that Dr G doesn't want to treat DES patients anymore. While that may have been the impression I got, I have a very sour impression of eye doctors to begin with, and probably went in there with a one last bit of hope kind of thing. I can't really make an accusation like that outright, because I dont really know. I feel like I am pretty knowledgeable on my condition, what treatments are available and what works...and I don't really think there is much to be gained by my going to an eye doctor at the current time.

Despite my experiences with the numerous doctors I've been to, I think its important to see quite a few to get differing opinions and styles. As an optometrist, his main field is contact lenses, so if that's crossed your mind. That said, since you won't be far away at all, don't cross Dr G off your list on my account.

take care

Daren

Comment

Daren,

No worries...although I read your response the way it reads. I didn't take it as a bad thing. Its a fact of life one person sees a dr as not effecient whereas another will.

Also after seeing my current eye dr here in Brandon, Fl. I dont feel a need to go see another Dr at the moment. I am in search however for the future...should the need resurface once I am in Tx.

I sent out an email to your prior dr (the one in NY...sorry forgot his name already). His response (for those who are also looking in the DFW area) was Dr Faisal Haq.

Comment

Meela,
            Thanks! I love in Plano and will try Dr. Haq.

Comment

Working...
            X