DR in NY between Poughkeepsie and Albany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR in NY between Poughkeepsie and Albany

I have this little dilemma. My insurance won't cover any doctors in their non coverage Area. Rochester is way to far to consider if there will be required more than one visit. As I'm not sure if the work with the doctor will require multiple visits,I can't drive due to seizure activity so I'm limited in getting places. Plus I'm on a disability due to my traumatic brain injury and relayed issues and have limited funds the reason the insurance issue is so large

I'm extremely glad to have found this site since most of my luck with doctors has been you have dry eyes and dried up tear ducts, live with it. I was starting to feel like I was over reacting to the issue, glad to know there are others out their too (not glad you suffer from dry eyes though) and I'm not just being a baby about it, the impression I get from the professionals I've seen on it.

doctors

Hi curbdiver

Of course this certainly sounds difficult for you and my circumstances were much easier at the time, but this is just my opinion. I used to live in Syracuse. I saw 6 or 7 different opthamologists and optometrists there when my dry eye problems started. For the most part, none of them helped me in the least. I learned much more on the internet and particularly this forum. Even the copays I was paying add up doing that. I ended up going to Dr Latkany in NYC a few times. I paid cash because my insurance would also not cover it. My opinion...talk to him and see what he will charge you as a new patient with no insurance, figure out a way to get there, and make the trek to the city and see him. It will be worth it. You'll learn a lot and you can be sure that you will be under the care of someone that knows alot about dry eye and has proven himself in the field. Otherwise you'll just be taking a shot in the dark that you get a doctor that knows and understands the current treatments available.

Daren

Comment

I know exactly how you feel (except for the insurance problem). I see doctors looking at me as if I'm being a baby and wonder why I keep coming back. No one knows what it's like to have dry eyes until you actually have them.

Comment

Working...
      X