Dr. Jacobs at the Harvard Eye Clinic in San Clemente

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Jacobs at the Harvard Eye Clinic in San Clemente

In addition to my favorite optometrist, Dr. Dan Carver (in Fountain Valley, Ca- thanks Rebecca for the help in finding him), I have been to see an occuplastic surgeon (someone once mentioned that the shape of my eyes could be a problem- which they have turned out not to be- whew!) named Dr. Jeffrey Jacobs from the Harvard Eye Clinic in San Clemente, Ca. Dr. Jacobs was a Godsend! He spent a lot of time with me and reviewed all my records including a LONG letter that I had written about all I have tried, was frank in his observations, and was optimistic and hopeful for my recovery (refreshing for someone who has had 3+ years of this). He recommended something no one else has (Lacriserts- and gave me two sample boxes after showing me how to use them)- proving he is willing to think outside of the box and not tell you that you are just "stuck with this condition" and have already tried everything (which I have heard so many times from doctors other than Dr. Carver). Also, he WANTS to see me in a few weeks because he is INTERESTED in seeing how his DRY EYE PATIENT progresses towards recovery. I highly recommend this doctor- especially to those who have been let down or dismissed by the ones they have seen. Don't ever accept that there is nothing that can be done!!!!!
    Last edited by autumnn; 28-Feb-2009, 14:41.

Lacriserts-Trial

Autumn,

Just wanted to know if you could fill us in on your diagnosis or what your condition is. Maybe you said before. I'm fairly new to this site.

If you don't mind, keep us posted as to how the lacriserts work for you.

Maybe this would help me since I have a 0 on my Schirmer's Test.

Thanks much!!!
    Clio

Comment

HI Clio-
      I have MGD and poor tear film.....I am not sure what my Shimmers score is but my TBUT is about a 10. My left eye is the worst of the two eyes and with the lacriserts I am finding intermittent relief and some lessening of the burning pain at my workplace....the right eye is feeling great with the Lacriserts- no problems at all....I will keep you posted

Comment

Working...
      X