Western WA Dry Eye Doc, Paul S. Jensen, OD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western WA Dry Eye Doc, Paul S. Jensen, OD

I just started treatment with Dr. Jensen. He is absolutely the nicest and most knowledgeable optometrist I have been to with regard to dry eye. He really tailors the treatment plan to the individual's needs. He is very current on the latest meds and trends. I recommend him highly. He is happy to correspond by email if you have questions about his treatment philosophy, or if you are a patient and have questions. He is located in Renton, WA. Here is a link to his clinic. Just click on the tab that says "Doctors and Staff". http://www.rentonvision.com His primary practice is Dry Eye, Glaucoma and Diabetes care. He also fits glasses and contacts, but that is not the primary focus of his clinic. Excuse the pun!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

I think I've probably already blogged about this but I want to echo Kitty's recommendation.

Dr. Jensen is outstanding and I simply adore him. Knowledgeable, personable, candid and even humble in such a degree that I am not sure I've come across before. I spent a couple of hours with him recently in a (sadly long overdue) checkup. I didn't have anything dramatic going on, but it was surprisingly informative. Apparently an awful lot of my MGs are... empty. I honestly had no idea. And I think he thought I was drier than I thought.

My lids were so tight he couldn't safely flip them. And while I am so, so grateful for my sclerals which allow me to get through the day just great, it's undoubtedly true that having a large foreign object in your eye all day long will take a toll. As a result I've decided to take a day off of sclerals a week (which means no computer and no driving). Guess that will be my gardening day.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you Kitty and Rebecca. After reading this post a few weeks ago I made an appointment and my appointment was today.
      Here are some of my observations:
      1. I was able to make the appointment via his web site. The sent me all the paper work ahead of time so when I went there I immediately went in to see him.
      2. We probably talked for a half hour before he ever touched me. In fact, I spent more time with him than I did in my last half dozen appointments put together.
      3. As was stated before, he is very knowledgeable and friendly.
      4. I've began feeling a real loss of hope lately, all this 90 days of this or that and hope things improve. He came up with a treatment for me today, told me what we would do in a couple weeks if that didn't work and what we would do after that if needed.
      I have hope again!
      I was a bit remiss to start a relationship with an OD 2 hours away, today I'd gladly drive double that and he will be my primary eye care provider for anything serious from now on.
      Last edited by ricmerry; 20-Oct-2009, 17:38. Reason: subscribe to thread
      "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
      -Albert Camus

Comment

Another good Western WA doc

I have been seeing Dr. Paul Williams, OD in Tacoma. I would say the same thing about Dr. Williams that Kitty says about Dr. Jensen. I am sure that they know each other as they are both Vision Source doctors. I haven't seen Dr. Williams in a while and I am due! I will keep Dr. Jensen in mind though!!

Comment

Working...
        X