Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJS Conference in Arlington, VA

Hi All:

There is an SJS conference (sponsored by Theratears) happening this month. I will be in attendance and will report back on any interesting dry eye developments or products.

K
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Conference

Hi All:

I attended the conference. Nothing really new unfortunately in terms of dry eye. I suspect the severe patients on the board probably know most of the stuff discussed such as moisture chambers, humidifers, doxy, restastis, etc. There was a short segment on new drugs in the development but it was very brief. There was however no mention of sclerals which I thought was a bit of a let down considering that it does help some people considerably.

All in all I have to say it was a good presentation for the newcomers out there but for people who have been through the ringer with dry eye nothing earth shattering.

However if you have Sjogrens I would recommend the conference if at nothing else is a great way to connect with other Sjoggies out there and get some affirmation of what we deal with on a daily basis. Plus the locations for the conferences are nice. DC was beautiful.

Best
    K
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Working...
    X