outstanding Dr. Carver in So. Cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outstanding Dr. Carver in So. Cal.

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Dan Carver in Fountain Valley. He's an optometrist with a keen focus on the dry eye patient. After hearing him speak at the March meeting of the Dry Eye Support Group (in Orange County), I switched to him right away. Since then, I have twice gladly traveled the hour or so to get there from where I live in the Glendale area. He is, without a doubt, the most devoted & knowledgable doctor I have found...&, believe me, I have gone to a bunch. Can you imagine a doctor who will email you if you have a question? To summarize: I have a severe evaporative dry eye problem with some aqueous deficiency that no other doctor has advised me about nearly well enough. Prior to going to Dr. Carver, I was getting quite discouraged. Now I totally believe that Dr. Carver will work with me step by step on my miserable condition. I have references from others who say this is true. Already, he has insights that no other doctor has had about my condition, as well as some good & different treatment ideas.
    His phone website# is www.drdancarver.com. It's well worth it to see him!
    Susan in So. California

I agree 100 percent. He is my favorite eye doctor by FAR! I am fortunate that he is only 10 minutes away from where I live.

Comment

Dr. Carver fans

Hi Autumn,
      I heard about Dr. Carver from the O.C. Support Group (have you gone?)...& went right away to see him. Of 10 or so doctors I have gone to in 4+ years, he outshines the rest...even a dud at Doheny Eye Institute. I have been to Dr. C. 2X now...not expecting miracles for my severe evaporative dry eyes but knowing I'm in good hands with Dr. C. At my last visit, I mentioned your impressive post about him...how you'd written that he doesn't say you're better until you are...so, when he detected some improvement, I believed him. He has responded to email questions several times (he encourages this)...in one, he copied/pasted a post he had sent to you about Fresh Kote & Dr. Holly to give me confidence in the drop. I have just started on it...it seems you had a good result? You are lucky to live near Dr. C...I am in Glendale, an hour away, but I do not mind the drive. Keep in touch, as I will do.
      Sincerely,
      Susan

Comment

I finally saw Dr. Carver

Diggy and Autumn, After reading your posts about Dr. Carver, I made an appointment and saw him yesterday. Like Diggy, I found he had new insight into my problem. I have had problems with my eyes for over forty years and apparently have always been treated for the wrong thing! No wonder I never got any relief from any treatment in the past.

I like him, he is really there with you, not checking his watch. I have plenty of tears and oil, but the oil is toxic from bacteria. Like putting soap in the eye, which is exactly the way my eyes feel. Like I have squirted soap in them. The bacteria turns the oil to a soapy substance.

So, I am on Azasite and FreshKote, warm compresses and Ocusoft Plus lid scrub. Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's difficult not to. I go back in five weeks for a progress check.

I live 75 miles away, and it was quite a harrowing drive since I am no longer used to driving in heavy traffic on the freeways But well worth it. I finally feel I have some direction from someone I have confidence in.
        It's a good feeling.

Thanks to all who recommended Dr. Carver. I don't know how I ever would have found help without this forum...probably wouldn't have.

Lynda
        Last edited by magoo; 29-May-2009, 13:41. Reason: correction of info

Comment

Lynda, very interesting to hear about his analysis of your meibomians.

Also...

Originally posted by magoo View Post
          So, I am on Azasite and FreshKote, warm compresses and Ocusoft Plus lid scrub.
          Second time just recently that I've heard of ODs liking this kind of combination for some really stubborn forms of MGD. Interesting.

I really appreciate all of you posting your good experiences with doctors. It's so helpful. Good dry eye doctors don't exactly jump off the pages of the phone directory. Word of mouth is the only way most of us locate them.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X