New Dr Toyos/IPL patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dr Toyos/IPL patient

I had my first appointment with Dr Toyos on Monday and it went very well. I was very impressed with how thorough an exam he did before the IPL treatment. He was very interested in all aspects of your lifestyle (nutrition, beauty products, other medications, medical history etc) and how they relate to your eye problem. My main eye problem is meibomian gland dysfunction. I have a routine that has made me comfortable, but it only masks the problem and does not improve the function of my glands. My routine is to steam my glands with a facial steamer, try to express them, use Patanol drops and follow that with a cold compress. I put one drop of Refresh eyedrops in my eyes at night and cover them with saran wrap and a sleep mask.

Dr Toyos said that I have a TBUT of 2 seconds and that my problem is more about poor secretions than non-functioning glands. My secretions are bad. On a scale of 1-10, if toothpaste consistency is 10, then mine is a 7. I asked him why I feel comfortable for the most part during the day with such a low TBUT and that is when he said that my routine is responsible for that. But since I am not fixing my glands, it would probably get worse if i didn't do anything to make my glands function better

He did the IPL and the expression and of course I feel better. I made another appointment and will report on my progress.

That's good to hear Taryn.

Comment

Thanks for the progress report Taryn. I hope you find much relief!

Comment

Dr Toyos

It is nice to have an outstanding and compassionate doctor who understands MGD and dry eye related problems and offers solutions. He is willing to take the time to evaluate your history and complaints and attempt to find solutions. Most doctors I have seen about MGD and dry eye, care very little if they can help you. I was very impressed with Dr Toyos.

Comment

Working...
        X