Update on IPL with Dr Toyos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on IPL with Dr Toyos

I had my second IPL treatment with Dr Toyos. He said that I had made a lot of progress in the consistency of the oils. At my last appointment the oils had more of a toothpaste like consistency. The oils were much thinner and easier to express. My glands are about 60% open with better oils. My lids are also less swollen and have less of a heavy feeling and are a little less redness. He said that he likes to get about 90% open with better oils so I will be going for another treatment. Since I responded well on the IPL settings that he used last time, he used those same settings this time.

So do you feel feel better?

Hi Taryn,

Thanks for the update but how do you feel? I have had all kinds of Drs tell me different things about how my eyes "look" and they rarely correspond with how I feel. Have you noticed an improvement commensurate with his observations?

Thanks,
    Gretchen

Comment

Toyos

Hi Gretchen,

I told Dr Toyos that for the last 3 weeks that I have felt better. I don't "feel" my eyes as much as I am used to in the sense that I am not aware of dryness or discomfort. Also I am used to waking up with swollen or heavy eyes and that has improved. Even though my upper lids still have redness, they have more areas on the lid that aren't red. It is an improvement, but I definitely am looking forward to more improvement.

Comment

Hi Taryn -

Thanks. Yes, I would agree that the ideal state is to not "feel" our eyes at all!!

Regards,
        Gretchen

Comment

toyos

I had my second IPL treatment last week with Dr Toyos and continue to feel improvement. I continue to think about my eyes less because I don't feel the dryness as much as I used to. My oils were much better and easy to express and that is probably the reason. There is also less redness in the upper eyelid and the skin around my lower lid looks better. I go for my next IPL in a few weeks.

Comment

ipl

ive had 2 treatments, and feel kinda like gretchen, i dont notice my eyes so much....its good to have comfy eyes again, just hope it lasts!!

Comment

IPL is mainly for the lower glands though right? my lower glands never get clogged-always the upper.. i have gotten the MG probing-going again in feb.seems to have helped some.
              Jenny

Comment

ive had 2 treatments, both on lower lids, i'm gonna ask him about uppers next time, i assume it would be hard to get the ipl that close to the eye, but i dont know that.....you might wanna call them or email, its a good staff......

Comment

probing

Jenny,

Who did your probing? Was it similar to the probing that Dr ****** does?

Comment

Working...
                  X