computer screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer screens

Does anyone know of a good computer screen to block out the light, as I am particularly sensitive to bright lights, (auto head light, sun etc)
    thanks

Anti-glare filters

There's a plethora of LCD and CRT monitor anti-glare filters available. They clip right on to the front of your monitor. Here's a small sample : http://www.buyonlinenow.com/3m-anti-glare-filters.asp

You might want to swing by a Staples or Office Depot or a CompUSA etc... to see one on a an actual screen before you buy to see whether or not it makes enough of a difference for you.

Comment

Beach umbrella

At work I have a beach umbrella clipped to my monitor stand to block out the fluorescent lighting .. looks silly, works great. Plus you always get the odd comment .. "Are you expecting precipitation?" .. ha, ha. :-P

Monica.

Comment

Monica, your umbrella sounds like a great idea. When I was still working, I had our janitors take out the fluorescent lights above my desk. That helped alot. I always got the question....."why is your light out.?" We had to put a note in the light to tell the night crew to leave it alone. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Umbrella

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          Monica, your umbrella sounds like a great idea. When I was still working, I had our janitors take out the fluorescent lights above my desk. That helped alot. I always got the question....."why is your light out.?" We had to put a note in the light to tell the night crew to leave it alone. Lucy
          Yes, I had office services turn off the light to my left, but the one to my right needs to stay on for my cube mate. So, after having a head-ache every day, I finally brought in the umbrella. It works great and no head-ache. People ask about it so I tell them about my dry eye lasik experience (getting the word out, little by little - at least making people think twice, I hope).

Monica
          San Diego.

Comment

Working...
          X