hello my first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello my first post

Hello my name is danny from Australia im 29 nice to meet you all..........

I have been suffering from light sensitivity in the day time for about 8 years and other issues with my eyes like irritation etc............the last year things have gotten a lot worse im really struggling with lights at night time and i saw an optometrist who said i have severe dry eye. I was recommended to have blood tests for diabetes etc and tests to see if my glands r working properly and everything came back fine. The optometrist said my vision is great and just gave me eye drops to lubricate my eyes every few hours but to be honest it doesn't help much at all i really struggle at work with air conditioning and wind also in shopping centers with the air con and lights and when i read my vision plays up due to the dry eye. I look at the computer at work n when at home a fair bit which doesn't help.

Im very concerned as things have gotten a lot worse this past year. I was thinking lately there has to be a reason why my eyes r like this............i saw in a previous thread about the link between sinus and dry eye which made me think about my nose which was broken about 10 years ago and i have a badly deviated septum in my nose which makes it hard to breathe through 1 nostril at times n i get blood in my nose a fair bit as well and i was wondering maybe this could be what is causing my severe dry eye.

any thoughts it would be much appreciated thanks.

Hi Danny & welcome! Though sorry you're having to join a club like this! You've taken the most important first step which is... taking things into your own hands and starting to do your own research. Best of luck to you and hope the sites & boards will be of help to you on the journey. You can & will get to the bottom of what's going on with your eyes and you can & will get better treatment than ineffective lubricants.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

thanks for your kind words rebecca i hope i can find some help from this site its a great thing that u have this up an running to help people

Comment

Working...
      X