Lens Implants***PLZ READ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Implants***PLZ READ***

Hey, my DR says Im not candidate for laser correction. my brother had it done, and he sees perfectly. I never got 2nd opinion but now I found a DR down the road who does those implants. THIS COULD WORK, 1st of all there is less risk of dry eye because the eye is not sliced open then healed over. The lens is put into eye, it unfolds then the small cut is all that heals. Also it claims this can be replaced if my vision changes? This is too good to be true. Im going to be 25 and doubt my vision will change. If Im already at 9.5/10 how can they possibly go higher? I will need -15 in ten years? Yea right, the stronger the script the weaker my eyes would get anyway. Here is link to lens Im talking about.
    http://www.eyezonemedical.com/prob_new.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraocular_lens
    I WANT TO SEE WITH OUT GLASSES. And contact lens just dont work for me! my dad is 53 and still wears them after all those years. I just spoke with nutritionist DR yesterday. I might have thyroid, hormone, malnutrition problems(I eat junk food). She told me to take 4000mg of fish oil. Im trying so hard to find a cure! Also seeing DR tomorrow for blood work(its hard to find DR who takes my insurance). PLZ read and reply. I just wanna see, these lens would make me the happiest I have ever been. I wore glasses as little boy and I felt like an outsider! Now Im 24 year old man with the thickest glasses you have ever seen! The year 2010, there has to be medicine to help me, MONEY IS NO ISSUE. Plz read this thread I made also.
    http://dryeyezone.com/talk/showthrea...6148#post46148
    I need a healing in my body! Plz reply and dont laugh at me.

You can get lens implants, probably. Whether it's a good idea for someone your age and with your history, I have no idea - likewise, whether you'd be a candidate. But one thing I do know, from working for years with people who have had vision correction surgeries of various kinds, if you are banking on being glasses free for the long term, you would only be courting more disappointment.

The best you can reasonably aim for is to reduce your dependence on glasses for a number of years. Look at the fine print on all the forms and they will confirm this. If you're OK with the idea of wearing thin glasses for a mild prescription either immediately after surgery or if not then some years later, AND can find a reputable doctor who honestly thinks you're a decent candidate (as opposed to you talking him into it - because trust me, there's a doctor out there somewhere willing to do it if you're determined), AND accept the risks involved, fine. But based on the things you have posted I would honestly be concerned about your expectations and whether a surgery could possible match them.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I am no doctor so I cannot tell you if this is a good idea or not. But an intraocular lens implantation is a lot like cataract surgery, which can cause dry eyes. Actually, people already with dry eyes have a higher risk of getting worse dry eye problems after cataract surgery, which my grandma's surgeon told us. They had to treat my grandma's dry eye prior to cataract surgery, which is implanting a lens in her eye, like what you described. I would be cautious about making such a permanent decision right now. Have you thought about sclerals?

Comment

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
        Have you thought about sclerals?
        What is that?

Comment

Needs...... if you google "sclerals" or use the search function here on this forum and enter "sclerals" and do a search you will find a lot of information.

hope this helps

PS. you said it yourself, "this sounds too good to be true"....
          the old saying is "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't true'.
          Last edited by magoo; 06-Oct-2009, 16:11.

Comment

Ok, looks interesting. I really dont see how I can have anything in my eye anyway? Are those expensive? right now I use disposable lens, just wear them 1 hour then throw them in trash. Funny thing , I watch the show jeopardy. Some times the host wears glasses, other days they are gone. A smart person knows when to wear contacts and when glasses are better. I wish I was that smart.

Comment

WOW, I just watched 2 videos on youtube of this operation. One is a DR 10 mins away from my house which was a coincidence. NO way can I have this done, they basically remove part of your eye and shove plastic in there? The plastic lens Is huge I thought it was a tiny little thing. I feel like this is risk for going BLIND. My eyes are -10 but cutting away at them is not a option. Back to square one. Im going to have laser correction done. Mark my words, I will have it done this spring. My brother had it done. Once it's done, I will be able to see and it will be fine, just watch.

Comment

Working...
              X