Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis

Hi. I'm Rafaela! I am new to the forum. Recently diagnosed with Lupus and Sjorgrens, I have two questions - well, really I have more but I don't want to overwhelm the boardl Okay -first, I have been getting terrible migraines that no medication would touch. My opthamologist prescribed Restasis and aftr a month of it - my migraines stopped! The doctor says it has to do with the Restasis quelling movement in the eye. The drug burned my eyes until the doctor said to keep it in the refrigerator - now it goes in pain free. Anyone else have these kinds of experiences?

Originally posted by Rafaela View Post
    Hi. I'm Rafaela! I am new to the forum. Recently diagnosed with Lupus and Sjorgrens, I have two questions - well, really I have more but I don't want to overwhelm the boardl Okay -first, I have been getting terrible migraines that no medication would touch. My opthamologist prescribed Restasis and aftr a month of it - my migraines stopped! The doctor says it has to do with the Restasis quelling movement in the eye. The drug burned my eyes until the doctor said to keep it in the refrigerator - now it goes in pain free. Anyone else have these kinds of experiences?
    Hi Rafaela,

Welcome! I also have Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome, (although most of the inflammation in my eyes is probably due to lupus). I've had mild dry eye symptoms for many years until approximately sixteen months ago when it became very severe.

I also have pain below the eyebrow (in the crease of the eyelid adjacent to the bridge of my nose) and was told by my eye doctor (I see an ocular immunologist) that it is a symptom of my lupus). At times, it feels migraine like, although not quite as severe as a full-blown migraine attack.

I took Restasis for four months and unfortunately it did not help me. It did burn initially but then it stopped. I have a friend who also has Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome and has taken Restasis for a number of years and it has been very effective for her.

Since you've been on Restasis for a month, have you noticed any improvement in your dry eye symptoms?

There's a sub-section on the DEZ called Restasis/Cyclosporine and I hope you get a chance to browse through it because I know you'll find many useful and informative threads where the members discuss their experience using Restasis.

I hope I've been of some help to you.

Pam

Comment

Working...
    X