underlying cause....endocrine problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringo View Post
    The white spots that you can actually see on your iris and seem to go away with the flare up subsiding do not sound like erosions to me at all. That is not like RCE look like, as I have had severe RCE and never experienced white spots on my iris.
    I suggest you show this photos to a doctor-- and try another doctor as soon as you have your next flare up, who will put more effort into diagnosing your problem, run tests to rule out infection, check for corneal erosions, measure the dryness/ inflammation in your eyes, etc. Unless you get diagnosed by a doctor and objective tests, we can keep on guessing here what is wrong, and never arrive at a solution for you.
    Anyhow, do not wait for it to resolve on its own, or try to treat it on your own. You need to get the problem properly diagnosed before you can make use of a good advice on treatment.
    I sent the eye doctor some photos, and it didn't change her diagnosis: staph hypersensitivity peripheral ulcer.

Can there be a white spot from an ulcer?

Thanks,
    -m

Comment

Probably there can be a white spot if there is some secretion from the ulcer.

From what I understand your doctor thinks you have a staph infection, without confirming it with a test.This may well be right, as I have zero knowledge about what a staph infection looks like.

However, I have never heard of ulcers resulting from a "hypersensitivity" to a bacteria.

What I have heard of, is the bacteria, or fungus, or virus, makes an infiltrate into the cornea and stroma of the eye, that might look like a white spot.
      But if you can detect this white spot with naked eye, it means it must be quite large as well.
      My advice is, please look for a second opinion into this. Consult another doctor and see what he/she tells you.
      If your current doctor thinks this is an ulcer, what is her recommendation for treating it. An ulcer is more serious than an erosion.

Please let us know how you are. Wishing you luck with an accurate diagnosis and successful treatment.

Comment

From what I understand your doctor thinks you have a staph infection, without confirming it with a test.This may well be right, as I have zero knowledge about what a staph infection looks like.

However, I have never heard of ulcers resulting from a "hypersensitivity" to a bacteria.

What I have heard of, is the bacteria, or fungus, or virus, makes an infiltrate into the cornea and stroma of the eye, that might look like a white spot.
        But if you can detect this white spot with naked eye, it means it must be quite large as well.
        My advice is, please look for a second opinion into this. Consult another doctor and see what he/she tells you.
        If your current doctor thinks this is an ulcer, what is her recommendation for treating it. An ulcer is more serious than an erosion.

Please let us know how you are. Wishing you luck with an accurate diagnosis and successful treatment.
        Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm trying to avoid trying another eye doc, as they want over $300 just to see me (no insurance etc). If I had SOME confidence that they knew what they were doing, I'd go, but......

I'm trying to hold out for my visit next month with the holistic md. Hoping they can help get to the root cause of the problem. I'm hopiog that the white spots aren't anything too serious, as they do go away as each "episode" passes..

Thanks,
        -m

Comment

Perhaps you could ask your current doctor to run some tests? What is the treatment he is prescribing for this so -called ulcer that disappears and comes back all the time?

Comment

Perhaps you could ask your current doctor to run some tests? What is the treatment he is prescribing for this so -called ulcer that disappears and comes back all the time?
            She just wanted to "monitor" me before giving more eye drops. I don't think she knows what is going on with my eyes.

-m

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have a history of candida problems. And the precautions on the hydrocortisone I was taking said it should not be used if candida is present (or something like that). But I didn't think I had a problem at the time. But after the eye thing started, and I saw the white spots, I thought maybe it was candida in the eyes. I did visit an allergist and I did have a strong reaction to candida/mold, but he didn't think I had systemic candida. I had to ask him for a script for Diflucan to try, just in case. I took it and had no die-off symptoms or anything...and it didn't help my eyes, so...???

Thanks,
              -m

Comment

Working...
              X