Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had dry eyes for a long time now and sort of diagnosed it myself but also have been told that I have it by one ophthalmologist. I am in my sixties now but one time when I was in my early twenties I was diagnosed with blepharitis which was then nicely treated by NeoCortef 0.5% solution (which some years later was no longer manufactured). Some years later a doctor told me I showed no signs of blepharitis.

I have sometimes used Head and Shoulders shampoo in my hair because I was told dandruff is related to blepharitis. Sometime later it seemed that my dandruff problem had ended also and I went to using ordinary shampoos.

What precipitated a serious case of dry eyes seems to be a motel where I repeatedly stayed in the 1990's which appeared to have some kind of toxic substance in the air. One time I was there sick for several days and could not get proper ventilation, and my eyes have felt grainy and sandy ever since and I have had to blink excessively since then.

I have been told over the years to use baby shampoo to sort of scrub my eyes in the morning and have sometimes done so and gotten a lot of benefit from it. Lately when I use baby shampoo and use it often, it helps keep my eyes from tending to stick together a bit but eyelid inflammation tends to continue on and my eye sockets always feel sort of grainy and rough. If I leave my eyes untreated for some time I find it harder and harder to keep them open.

One thing I was told by a nurse or somebody was that flax seed oil can help cause more tears to form naturally. I have had some success on occasion with that and may try larger dosages at some point.

Having read some things on this site I am strongly thinking of using olive oil on my eyelids but will read some more. I think the best possible source of treatment is to hear from other people, especially in this age when dangerous pharmaceuticals are routinely prescribed by doctors not being informed about dangerous side effects. Thanks so very much to those who provide this site.
Working...
X