Watery Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watery Eyes

My left eye has been watery since Aug. and now my right eye is watery.. I live with a tissue in my hand and can' t stand it anymore.
    The excess water also blurs my vision.

Have had dry eyes since LASIK in 2000.
    Tear ducts are opened--had that checked already.

Am on artificial tears about 4X a day.. I do refrigerate them also which makes my eyes feel better but still are watery.
    Have been on alrex, tobradex.

I also wake up with red eyes.
    Maybe I need night goggles to hold in moisture?

HELP!

Hi saveyoureyes!
    Are you the person from a long time ago at SE? I remember the name. If this is not you, just ignore that statement.

I think your mentioning the goggles at night is a good idea. How about plain glasses during the day? Most of us find that wearing glasses does help keep the eyes moist. If you don't need an RX, you can find fashion glasses at the mall, sometimes in the kiosks in the middle of the mall. Or a boutique, or Sunglasses Hut. Many of these are very sharp looking.

Are your eyes "straining" to see? I mean has your RX changed maybe lately and youe current eye RX is really straining to see. That could be a reason for watery eyes also. Good luck. I hope it's something simple. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Saveyoureyes,

This is probably going to be a redundant question for you but do you take a good balance of omega 3 and 6 oils?

What I know about watery-dry-eye is that your production levels are good, but your tears are filled with way more water and not enough oils to make the water "stick" to your eyeballs. The ratio within your tears is not good.

I'm wondering if you could add some fish oil in the mornings and flax oil at night if you wouldn't experience some improvement. Would take a few months to know if it was working so you'd have to be patient....

- Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Hi saveyoureyes!
        Are you the person from a long time ago at SE? I remember the name. If this is not you, just ignore that statement.

I think your mentioning the goggles at night is a good idea. How about plain glasses during the day? Most of us find that wearing glasses does help keep the eyes moist. If you don't need an RX, you can find fashion glasses at the mall, sometimes in the kiosks in the middle of the mall. Or a boutique, or Sunglasses Hut. Many of these are very sharp looking.

Are your eyes "straining" to see? I mean has your RX changed maybe lately and youe current eye RX is really straining to see. That could be a reason for watery eyes also. Good luck. I hope it's something simple. Lucy
        YES Lucy...I am the person from SE..that's something that you remembered my name.
        I do wear glasses ( LASIK didn't help my vision)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Bolivia View Post
          Saveyoureyes,

This is probably going to be a redundant question for you but do you take a good balance of omega 3 and 6 oils?

What I know about watery-dry-eye is that your production levels are good, but your tears are filled with way more water and not enough oils to make the water "stick" to your eyeballs. The ratio within your tears is not good.

I'm wondering if you could add some fish oil in the mornings and flax oil at night if you wouldn't experience some improvement. Would take a few months to know if it was working so you'd have to be patient....

- Rose
          HI ROSE...my nutritionist has me on 4 fish oils per day for my triglyceride level and it has improved but has done nothing for my eyes. I am adding Borage oil capsules as one of the many eye dr. I went to recommended it.
          THanks for your reply_

Comment

Well here I am again…watery left eye since Nov. 6th, eyelid sticking to eyeball which gives my eye an appearance of half closed lid..So far ophthalmologist/occuplastic lid surgeon put me on 10 days of Keflex as he thought I had bacterial infection, polytrim drops 3 drops a day, warm compresses 3 days a week and then erthyomycin lid ointment and puralube ointment for at night. Last week he irrigated tear duct to see if it would help. EYE still tearing..and not any better. OMG--can't stand this anymore. ANy help or advice will be appreciated!!

Comment

I'm glad you posted! I have had this problem since 2008. I haven't read much about others who have constant watering eyes--seems like most people don't have enough tears! I can certainly sympathize with constantly having a tissue in hand and red, raw skin under the eyes.

It seems like eye doctors don't know much about how to help watering eyes. They do the standard thing that they do for "dry eye" patients, but I do believe we have a different sort of problem, although probably the basis for the watering is actually dry eyes.

I have been diagnosed with blepharitis/dry eye. Although I also have pain and burning, I would say my worst problem is the constant watering. I have been on Restasis since 2008, along with TheraTears capsules. I do warm compresses 2x a day. I have had surgical tightening of my lower lids, surgical removal of excess tissue around the puncta (inner corner of eyes), and tear duct probe.

I was in remission for a couple of years after that, then the watering/pain came back with a vengeance. Along with the Restasis, I use Systane Balance drops and Retaine drops. The drops give me slight relief of the pain for a few minutes, but nothing helps the watering.

In my research I learned about meibomian gland probing, which is only done by a very few doctors in the U.S. The one closest to where I live is Dr. Joseph Tauber in Kansas City, MO. I am now scheduled to have this done in early May. I am so hopeful that it will help and will post my results after I get back. I had thought about Lipiflow, which is offered at one facility where I live, but it isn't covered by insurance and is VERY expensive. This MG probe IS covered by insurance, and Dr. Tauber is even in my PPO network!

Good luck to you. If you haven't tried such things as warm compresses, TheraTears capsules, Restasis, Systane Balance drops or Retaine drops, you may want to consider giving them a try. What doesn't work for one person may work for someone else--we are all different.

Comment

Working...
              X