New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum

Hi everyone! Reading everyone's stories and problems makes me feel alot less like the freak I thought I was. I don't know anyone who has the same types of problems I have had with my eyes. I have always had dry eyes. I never tolerated contacts very well back when I got them when I was 13. This led to becoming intolerant and unable to wear contacts when I was 30 years old. I had Lasik when I was 31 and it was great but made my dryness problems even worse. I have been to countless doctors to try and fix the problem. Been on antibiotic drops, had plugs, etc. Nothing has ever worked. I thought my problems were hormonal from taking Birth Control Pills but a year ago I stopped it thinking it would help and it didn't make any difference. A year later I just went back on them because it didn't seem to be the solution. Over the years I have struggled constantly with dry, irritated, mucus filled eyes. Constantly touching them and pulling mucus out of them. Thinking that people must think I am so disgusting because of it. It is actually comforting to hear other people feel the same way I do. Thank you for sharing and I hope someday we can all figure out what can help us feel better.

Beth

Beths, the first mistake was the doctor who performed Lasik on someone who is contact intolerant and has dry eyes. He should be horse whipped. (Sorry, it's late and I'm tired.) Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Welcome Beth! I'm sure you'll find these forums helpful!

Your timeline reminds me of my own...

Contacts at 14...

Quit contacts at 18 because My eyes couldn't tolerate them anymore... only wore them a few times per year after that...

LASIK at age 29... and.. well... that didn't turn out very good at all...

"Freak" is the term I use most when it comes to my dry eye problems... These forums are the exception though because this is one of the few places where people like us are the norm

Comment

Working...
      X