Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first posting about my Ocular Rosacea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first posting about my Ocular Rosacea...

Hello all,

I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with ocular rosacea right after I was diagnosed with rosacea when I was 27. It was a rough year, but 28 has been even worse! My facial rosacea is under control, however my ocular rosacea is causing me great pain and distress.

I have actively and aggressively been treating my eyes since August of 2009. I have had some improvement although some days it seems like I am back to square one. I have been on a corticosteroid eye drop for a long time (this scares me), Restasis, Doxycycline, doing warm compresses 2x a day, fish oil pills and OTC artificial tears. I am now off the corticosteroid eye drop, but am still using everything else.

This has had a HUGE impact on my everyday life and my emotional well being. I am trying really hard not to become depressed over this, but some days are just so bad. My worst days are usually at work where I am on a computer 90% of the day. I have installed an anti glare screen on my computer and I use a lamp instead of the overhead flourescent lights whenever possible. I have also been using a humidifier at work everyday.

I have a local eye doctor that I have been seeing, but he insists on keeping me on the corticosteroid eye drop longer than I am comfortable with. I went to another doctor in another state and he basically just suggested that I stop the corticosteroid eye drop (which I did) and come off the doxy. I felt like he really dismissed the amount of discomfort I have been in.

My main symptoms have been and are burning, aching, dryness and redness. The second doctor I saw said I have MGD and imflammation of the eyelids, posterior blepharitis. (Do these two make up ocular rosacea?) After reading several posts on this site I have decided to see Dr. Toyos. Does anyone have any comments about his IPL treatments for improving MGD and reducing inflammation of the eyelids? I am hopeful he will be able to help me, but at the same time I am scared to be too hopeful.

Any bits of advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated and welcomed!
    Last edited by ema; 15-Mar-2010, 09:55.

ive had 4 treatments, really helped me....

Comment

Ipl

Thank you for your input...when did you start to see improvements during your IPL treatments? Did Dr. Toyos mention any risks associated with IPL?

Comment

IPL helped me (OR/MGD) a great deal

Hi,

Please see my posting regarding my experience with IPL. Also, Dr Toyos always talks about how folks in their 20s respond very well because the glands tend to be yet in good working order as opposed to a 50 or 60yo whose MGs are scarred from years of inflammation.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10363

Good luck,
        Gretchen

Comment

Working...
        X