Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site-Eye Bright Herb

Hi!
    This is my first post on the dry eye site, but I have been following this site since I started having dry eye problems two years ago. It has been very helpful with many hints that I have tried and very comforting knowing I'm not alone in the wonderful world of dry eye pain.
    I've been to a couple of opthamologists and they determined that I have Blepharitis. I'm now on Restasis 4 X a day which may be helping. I didn't think it helped until I went off it all together and my eyes felt worse. I do use preservative free eye drops, take fish oil and eye vitamin supplements, do lid scrubs morning and night and do the heated rice baggy usually twice daily, and sleep with a humidifier and tranquile goggles. I have to put gel in at night or my eyes get very gritty and wake me up. Some nights I make it through the night without reapplying the gel and some I don't. I had plugs but they both started to pop out so we took them out.
    I'm always looking for something that will help my eyes feel better. Searching online I came across the Eye Bright herb and you can buy it in a formula at the natural food markets. For the last month or so I've been doing an eyewash 2x daily with the Eye Bright Formula and it does seem to help somewhat. Has anyone else tried this with any success?
    One of my biggest problems is that my eyes are constantly bloodshot and by the evening the gritty feeling, burning and tired eyes sets in. Doing the eyewash does relieve the grittiness for quite a while and makes my eyes feel like they do mid morning (which is usually the best time of day for me) instead of late evening.

Eye Bright

Sporta - Sounds pretty much like my own story - I too have blepharitis. I found eye bright in an eye vitamin called "Vision Essentials" - I've been taking it for quite some time but not really sure if they help. Wasn't sure about the Restasis for myself either, but found when I stopped the Restasis and didn't take the vitamins regularly my eyes even felt worse, if that's possible.

My punctal plugs kept falling out too to the point my dr. wouldn't put them in any more. I asked him about cautery and, after making sure my symptoms weren't from any allergies, he agreed to do it, bottom ducts only. It has helped, but certainly not a "cure."

Good luck, I have found this is a never-ending battle.

jpete

Comment

You take the vitamin, have you tried the liquid formula and using it for an eyewash? If you google Eyebright eye wash it will give you instructions. It does burn a bit when you do it but it really does help to give you a normal feeling eye atleast for awhile anyway. Wish it helped with the redness though.

Comment

I use SteriLid for my eyewash - burns a bit too but really cleans the lashes and eyelids. My dr. recommended an eyewash with tea tree oil, and SteriLid has some in it - I also use California Baby Tea Tree & Lavender Shampoo and Body Wash. I may check out your eye bright eye wash too.

jpete

Comment

Working...
        X