I'm new to this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to this board

Hello - I am new to this board. I have suffered with dry eye for many years. It is worse when I use the computer (which is alot). The best way I have found comfort is by doing warm compresses while I am in the shower at night and again in the morning. I also use Total Lid Care ointment at bedtime which I have found to be the best. During the day I use Genteal or Systane eye drops. I am glad to be able to read what other people are doing and get more ideas.

Hi - welcome to the board!

Can you post any more info on Total Lid Care ointment please? Who manufactures it? What is in it?

Thanks

El
    The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

http://totallidcare.com/

I think it's a company in California.

Comment

Total Lid Care

I love this product, I have gotten the most relief from using it. Actually my eye doctor made the formula and he sells it in his office and on the internet. The ingredients on the package say: a protrietary blend of white petrolatum, mineral oil, vitamin E, Omega 3 alphalinolenic acid, vitamin A, calendula and glycerin. I don't know exactly what each ingredient does but he said it has an anti inflammatory and other good things that help the eyes. All I know is that it is the best I have used and it does not make my eyes feel greasy in the morning like other ointments did. I am pretty comfortable most of the day. Of course if the heater is blowing or AC is on, then I have to use the genteal during the day as well. I just really like the idea that my eye doctor came up with the formula because he has dry eyes also and knows how crummy one can feel and that he offers a satisfaction guarantee on TLC - I can't tell you how much money I have spent on products that did not help and none of them ever offered to give my money back if I did not like it. I really like Dr. Kahle as he knows what I go through with my dry eye when my previous eye doctors did not take me seriously when I complained. Same story as most of us have!

Hope that helps.

Renee

Originally posted by EllMitcho View Post
        Hi - welcome to the board!

Can you post any more info on Total Lid Care ointment please? Who manufactures it? What is in it?

Thanks

El

Comment

Thanks both - I have asked if they will ship to the UK
          The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Welcome Renee.

Just want to mention a couple of things:

1) If that's your real name, please PM or email me with a different username I can change your login to. Full names should not be used in our forum, for privacy reasons.

2) Because of potential abuse, we ask that new members of the community not push a product or post links to it. Please don't be offended - I removed the link from your post. It's just that we regularly get people in here pretending to be patients for the sake of promoting something or getting people to click on a link. In this case, Dr. Kahle is posting here so our readers can see the information on his product in the thread he started.

Thanks for your understanding.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

thats good

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
              Welcome Renee.

Just want to mention a couple of things:

1) If that's your real name, please PM or email me with a different username I can change your login to. Full names should not be used in our forum, for privacy reasons.

2) Because of potential abuse, we ask that new members of the community not push a product or post links to it. Please don't be offended - I removed the link from your post. It's just that we regularly get people in here pretending to be patients for the sake of promoting something or getting people to click on a link. In this case, Dr. Kahle is posting here so our readers can see the information on his product in the thread he started.

Thanks for your understanding.
              Thats good you do that

Comment

Hi, ReneeM.

It sounds like you are doing things that many of us do. How do you find GentealGel during the day? I use it at night and have only used it during the day once, because it presented a blurry vision problem. However, it might just have been the conditions that day.

Take care,
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X