Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me introduce myself.

Hello,

I am 36 yrs. old and was finally dx with Severe dry eyes. I have Ehlers Danlos types 3 & 4. (there are several types and you can carry more then one).
    I noticed about 3-4 months ago I was having some difficulties but thought I just ready for new prescription (I only started wearing glasses in the last 3-4 yrs.) or it was allergies. then it started to really hurt so I went to the Dr. in February who sent me to the eye dr. at first she said it was hormone related.. I had blood work down and they found nothing wrong with my levels.... Then they plugged the down tear duct the plugs taking lotemax then added restasis still no relief switched to new eye dr. how offered to cauterize my lower tear duct becuz the plugs were rubbing against my eye. That hurt, but I decided to do it becuz they are telling me this isn't going to go away. My eyes are still very dry and now I am putting gel in at night to help me get some sleep but I still wake up to put drops in at night becuz they dry shut. I am so upset and don't know what else to do. I am out on short term disability hoping it will get better but it's not looking good! I take fish oil supp. & vit e & flax seed oil supp. I will have my top tear ducts plugged tomorrow but after that I think I am out of options.

Any suggestions please help!

Hi, Clifforj.

Welcome, and I am sorry that you are suffering with DES. It sounds like you are doing everything that you can do. It can be caused by so many things that we all have to find our own way to treatment.

If night-time relief is something that you need, you may want to look into nightwear. I started with a sleep mask, but I switched to TranquilEyes goggles. They are kind of expensive, but I believe that they helped me turn a corner with my specific problem. Now, I will not sleep without them. (I also use Genteal Gel every night.)

I hope that you can get to the root of the problem.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
    X