Hello intro from David

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello intro from David

I'll introduce myself I'm a English guy living in Berlin 49 years old.
    I've always had problems with my eyes, and skin (acne, cysts etc) I was number one contender for getting dry eyes, lets call it dry eyes as Blepharitis sounds horrible I think.(oh by the way I'm a little dyxclexic; can't spell very well, so please understand my English is not perfect, but I think you'll get the jist.
    I think I've a slightly red eyes since 1995 maybe before, but I didn’t really notice so much, as I was just living and certainly didn’t spend hours on the computer researching!!! (Which I do now... sad eh!!)
    2007 I started noticing a feeling of foreign bodies in my eyes and they were getting pretty red rimmed. Then I went to Spain to work and that’s when the red eye started to make my life a misery, they were constantly burning, I went to a doctor and she diagnosed Blepharitis. She suggested anti-biotics and very expensive scrubs.. it got worse! She said it would go away in 3 months!! It didn't ofcourse. I went through phases of anti-biotics and expensive scrubs, changed my diet radically.. Nothing worked. (PS) :and this is my oppinion watch out for anti-biotics!! I think as a result of taking anti-biotics for too long I've now ear problems as well !!! (long storey)

Forward on to a year later I went to a foot-reflexoligist that diagnosed me being very in my stomach region (I'm a slightly nervous type of person, which definately has abearing too on my condiction) causing the gall bladder not to work as well as it should which has an effect on the mucus membrane, which then effects my eyes. That makes sense to me to me actually. I'm not a Doctor and I can't explain the fine details of her diagnosis.

My eyes have been getting better especially with the warm presses, probably about 80% good.
    I've a couple of tips that help me a lot

1. The most important one, is that when anyone tells you I tried this and it worked or it didn’t work, they are talking about what works or doesn’t work FOR THEMSELVES, they are not you and you are not them!!! VERY IMPORTANT (a little like self help books, same thing really)

3. Mirror's are deceptive, especially in bar toilets, ones eyes look much redder than the actually are. I would suggest not to look at yourself in a mirror when you go out.

4. Every one says hot presses are good, I think that’s probably true!

5.I find if I stay home and think to much my eyes do actually look worse the next day. If I go out to a smokey bar and meet people my eyes actually look better, than If I'd of stayed at home... strange, it shows it's a psycollical thing too.

6. Other people don't notice your problems as much as you think they do.
    I wont go on..

But I'll leave you with this and please if anyone replys to this please please please don't tell me I shouldn’t be doing this, what I'm about to tell you. I see it like my secret chocolate gateau cake. So I have Natural gaze eye lined pencil, one for each eye, I put a little on just under the eye lashes on the bottom lid just a little ego hide the red and I feel really a lot better. So why not, I've read that you shouldn’t use eye make up but you also shouldn’t, smoke and eat to much cake and drink and you should jog etc etc well I don't care.
    see you and I hope this helps.
    ps this site is really good!!

hollistic approach

I've gone through all types of reasoning about dry eye bleph, and the one thing that I always stays with me is surely if any part of the body is not functioning properly, for whatever reason the cause must come from somewhere else in the body. Ok the hot presses etc are good for keeping dry eye somehow under control, but I think one must take a more hollistic approach on the situation in hand. The problem with that is that reflexology, natural cures etc are very expensive. Just thought I'd throw that in as it's not really mentioned very much on this forum. As I say I was Diagnosed by a foot reflexologist with a tension in my stomach region, causing my gall bladder not to function perfectly causing an effect on my mucus membrane intern causing my eye problems. I can't afford a weekly visit, so I try and relax more!! what else can one do?

Comment

Hi David

Your secret about the eye liner is safe with us!!

My eyes would be in a dreadful state if I went into a hot smoky bar but I agree on your point about going out and trying to make the best of things - if one feels up to it.

I usually feel so tired by the end of the day that I don't feel like doing very much at all. I feel good about myself if I've not let things dominate.

I drink very little but I went out with family to a bar last night Most people had red eyes and I probably looked fine by comparison.

Do you use any artificial tears at all?

Comment

Originally posted by David Hull View Post
        .............the hot presses etc are good for keeping dry eye somehow under control, but I think one must take a more hollistic approach on the situation in hand. The problem with that is that reflexology, natural cures etc are very expensive. Just thought I'd throw that in as it's not really mentioned very much on this forum. As I say I was Diagnosed by a foot reflexologist with a tension in my stomach region, causing my gall bladder not to function perfectly causing an effect on my mucus membrane intern causing my eye problems. I can't afford a weekly visit, so I try and relax more!! what else can one do?
        David

Have you followed this thread?

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...hlight=stomach

I'm unsure what you mean by `natural cures'. I tried a range of alternative approaches years ago but they were largely a waste of money. Homoeopathy was one of these approaches and although it might be effective for some conditions, it certainly wasn't any help to me. I go for acupuncture when the pain and discomfort gets to be too much of a distraction and DEPRESSION looms. This helps - although I know not everyone has the same experience.

Do you belong to a gym or take exercise? That's good for helping one relax and it needn't cost too much. I'm not the best person to give you advice on this because ironically, I have to put effort in relaxing. I must do it for the sake of my health but it doesn't come that easily. A bit of a `blast' at the gym makes me feel both relaxed and virtuous.

Comment

replying

Hi guys. I did use artificial eye drops tehy were systane ultra the doctor said you must keep on taking them. well 12 euros a bottle its not cheap. I kept it up for 2 months or too, but after a moment of doubt when I was searching the net about dry eye, I also tried some other approaches to my hot press regime and found that my eyes were looking bad again. So I though (**** it!!) and stopped the eye drops, and you know what nothing really changed from before when i was using them so now ive stopped them and it seems to be ok. I think now spring is here I don't have the heating on so much so I think that helps my eyes as I think the central heating drys them out. ( I just realised I write a lot of "I thinks" don't I?) For the last few days I've tried another new technique with my hot press treatment. I read on this site about how you should press very near the eye lashes with a wet cotton bud to get the oil out. I tried this, my eyes then looked really bad, and the next day were a bit sore. I tried again the next day and ..... Now I think!!! they are looking a little better. It seems that there was a build up of sort of tiny little lumps under my bottom lids.
          Ill keep you updated about this, if it really looks like its working Ill give a run down on it all in detail.
          I've got a question. it seems that the bottom eye lid is more effected than the top so why do i put a hot press on the top eye lid and not on the bottom. Or why dont I just hold a hot cotton bud to the bottom lid margin?

About the hollistic approach yes maybe it doesnt work for all, but I'm sure as I say every illnes comes from something. After all if you have skin problems then for sure the root problem lies in the stomach mixed with psycollical and climate influences. The only thing iI take is flaxseed oil, Calcium and hoeopathic little ball tablets. and try to eat healthy although healthy eating is a topic for itself aint it?
          see you

Comment

hi

hi irish eyes thanx that was a very interesting thread, it confirms my thought. I go jogging once a week and try chi gong sometimes when I feel down. I ride a bike alot to. with my stomach yes I have a lot of digestion problems with it. I went to see a nutitionist, it was ok but I sort of knew those things she told me anyway. I should saty clear of cabbage, and beans eat fruit and drink water and what is interesting eat rice or pototoes once a day. I try to eat organic fruit and veg if I can afford it. here in germany it#s quite cheap as organice is very popular.

Comment

Working...
            X