In need of help and advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of help and advice!

Hi everyone! I have chronic allergic conjunctivitis AND my eyes are very dry too but the AC is the main diagnosis. I have been using FML drops for years sporadically and for the last 4 years every day. I visit an opthamologist regularly and so far I've been ok .... However, have just discovered that I'm allergic to the preservative used in a lot of drops so the only steriod eye drops I can use now are much stronger. I did some research and found out about cyclosporine which can be used to help allergic conjunctivis and dry eyes. Have tried it out and am very glad to say it works beautifully!! Now I have the problem that I'm moving back to the UK and don't know if I can get it there. Here (Belgium) its made up especially for me by a pharmacist which isn't perfect either but its better than nothing. Just wondering if any one can shed light on availability in the UK - I need 0.1% or a bit stronger but the 0.05% won't work on me. Thanks in advance!

availability of cyclocsporine eyedrops in uk

hi, welcome to the board!

cyclosporine eye drops are available in the UK, they are very expensive - so try getting them from an NHS doctor!

not sure about strengths etc.

glad to hear they work for you - i might be trying them soon, so I hope i experience the same benefits you do!

Comment

Thanks for replying! Would like to know how expensive they are and how can I get them through the NHS. It seems from other posts that they are not available through the NHS as Restasis is not available and its not possible to get them made up.

Comment

Working...
      X