Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34 Year old started with dry eye by blocked oil glands

Hi i have started wuth mild dry eye as my optician said 5 weeks ago

What i have is gritty, blurred vision and stuck eyelids and loss of eye lashes

However through the 5 nearly 6 weeks the stuck eye lids has stopped however now started with a cold so makes the oil glands have a thicker coating now.

I am a contact lense wearer and never suffered from this my wear is now limited at the moment, i have used eye bright eye bath soaks, face cloth soaks, optrex infected eye, some drops from boots the chemist, eye bright drops, blink articifial tears, bathed my eyes in the shower flow to no avail.

When i wear my glasses there is no grittyness, no pain, no red eye, no dryness at all, at the moment there ok apart from running eyes as i have a cold.

Yestarday was bad as i wore my contact lenses and due to the cold and running eyes made my vision a lot worse, this morning i did have a lot of stuff from my eyes but i do have a cold at the moment and i did soak my eyes in arm eyebright drops, 30 drops in a eye bath and soaked them in it as a herbalist said it should help

My optician said it will go away in time but can last for months and years just depends on how i deal with the problem like use warm flannel soaks twice a day and massage the eye lids which i have been doing and stopped using my contact lenses for 5 days while i did a regime of soaking eye baths, even used milk baths someone told me to do and also used infected eye drops so my eye wasnt infected.

Will this type of dry eye that i have go away as i find wearing glasses hard i know it sounds daft but when the arm frame pressed against my ear it effects a never that sends pain which is so awful and want to beat this dry eye.

Can anyone else please suggest anything else i can do, i have also tried a facial sauna as well but that didnt work, i know my cold will make things a lot worse at the moment due to the more mucus build up and tearing eyes as my dry eye is the other way - overwetting which smears the contact lense, the tear dops work for about 10 minutes then back to square one

hope someone can help me out and i hope others on this forum have found help that i am seeking for at the moment as i know people who just have dry eye without wearing lenses and have it all the time which i do feel for them all as its awful and depressing

Originally posted by TAZMANUK View Post
    coating now.

...........when the arm frame pressed against my ear it effects a never that sends pain which is so awful and want to beat this dry eye.

I know this isn't really the answer you are after but perhaps you could get an optician to adjust your glasses so this discomfort is relieved - or get some different glasses.

You only mention an optician; have you seen a doctor about this? Perhaps a hospital referral would help.

Comment

Hi

yep i have bought different glasses had many adjustment to the point where my backf toeh the glasses are not curved there a skull cap fitting now so nothung is behind the ear

anyway i have had some improvement

i hope others can try this methid and see if it helps them

Firstly bath eye with face cloth for 5 minutes do this for each eye.

Then put one finger on your cheeck and press firmly and with your first finger carefull just press up on your lower lid to express the oils, do this for both eye and also for your top lids as you have to press down on the tops lids

Then wipe again with the warm face cloth

No use eyebright extract that comes with a tippet, and put in 30 drops of eyebright into a eye bath and fill it up with warm water then bathe each eye for about 1 minute each, yes it may stink but ovwercome this.

After that dont worry that your eyes may seem bloodshot, then taking a cotton bud, rinse the eye bath out and place in some contact lense soultion or saline soultion so you can dip the tip of it in it.

The carefully lower your bottom lid and roll the cottom bud over the oil glands and do this for both eyes lower and upper lids.

I created this method myself and i managed to wear my contact lenses in for 8 hours, i did have a few problems this is because i have a cold at the moment and also i have lost some eye lashs from before due to rubbing and i feel this is apart of the problem as i have painful eye lashes that are trying to grow back which might be to do with my problem and not dry eye but i have to see my optician on tuesday to ask him about it.

Please try this method and let me know and i hope i can help many people you can get eyebright from the well known auction site i paid £9.99 for 2 bottles which was 30ml

dont waste money on the actual herbs or eye drops as they dont work i have tried the bottle is far far better, as the 1st time i did this method i had like gel stuff on my eye that i rubbed away which could have come from my blocked gland in my eyelids.

hope you all well and hope you try this method i have tried this again this morning and will now put in my contact lenses 30 minutes after to let my eyes calm down from the eye bright.

all the best

Comment

contacts

I realize that you dont want to wear glasses, but you should probably stop with the contacts till you get your situation back to normal. Most posters that wear posters could probably do a better job at explaining why since I dont wear contacts. But they could be part of your problem at least maybe making it worse...

Comment

REGINA (I have a sister with the same name), the reason no one wants to wear glasses is that "they are a nuisance, they are not attractive, you can't see as well, they get in the way of sports etc."

People who come here with painful dry eye usually:
          1. Don't like the way their eyes look (red)
          2. Don't want to wear glasses even though contacts have caused problems
          3. Don't want to quit playing computer games
          5. Are here because their eyes are painfully dry

Many will do what is needed, the scrubs, warm compresses etc, but insist on wearing their lens part of the time. Spending much time doing all the lame scrubs etc can be set back by using contacts, using drops inappropriately, using drops to get the red out.

Rarely is it a quick path back to comfortable eyes. It takes lots of patience and trial and error. Good luck. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X