Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Question

Hello

I just joined dry eye talk today and wanted to ask the community a few questions. My condition is as follows: I suffer from extreme dry eye whenever I am exposed to a building with air-conditioning. The majority of the time it is 10 times worse in my right eye. As for the days when I'm not around air-conditioning, the problem is still noticeable, but much more tolerable. So I think my main problem is tear evaporation, especially in my right eye. Once I am exposed to air-conditioning I can get no relief untilI go to sleep and wake up the next morning. Furthermore I wake up every morning with bloodshot, dry eyes as if they weren't receiving the proper amount of lubrication throughout the night. Though this problem goes away in the morning, I wonder if it's related somehow. Onion goggles (glasses with the foam-sealing) work very well, but they aren't exactly fashionable to wear around in public. Though I might have to try to find some glasses to wear the rest of my life, I would still like to get to the root cause of this. I wonder if any one has a similar condition. I've been to a few doctors who weren't much help. Eye drops do absolutely nothing. Haven't tried punctal plugs. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Eric

oh yeah!

Probably everybody on here has the same issues with air conditioning...or heat...it sucks! moisture chambers are my only relief...but that just stops the direct air. You still have to figure out the humidity...so unfortunately since the public doesnt see me..I fold up little pieces of wet paper towels and shove them in the corner of my goggles...which gives me a little moisture...yeah kinda unreasonable look for you but that is the only thing that gets me through work! If they dont like it...dont look! haha If you have a small office or cubicle...a humindifier might help too!

Comment

Working...
    X