Hi! New! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! New! :(

Hi everyone. I'm a new, somewhat unfortunate poster. Why? LASIK of course. Yes I regret it (somewhat) but now I'm all about improving life going forward.

So here's my question: Why do my eyes only seem to get dry at NIGHT? During the day I am very pleased and happy with my LASIK results. I experience everything I hoped to -- waking up everyday with no contact/glasses and seeing great. Eyes feel completely comfortable and normal like they used to.

But once the night rolls around it's like my eyes do a Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde thing and decide to get drier. It's pretty annoying because I love to relax at home at night on the computer after a hard day's work. But when my eyes get drier, they get 'groggier' and blurrier and stickier. When the AC is on, it obviously gets worse. It usually causes me to just go to bed earlier which sucks :/

I just recently ordered onion goggles so my eyes are protected from any AC or outside wind during the heat of the summer. I think it will help once I put drops in and keep my eyes protected. Now I have to admit, I don't have it as bad as many of you on here (which I truly feel for by the way) It's terrible what we go through. In fact yesterday I may have discovered some relief. Last night my eyes were bothering me more so than other nights -- my whole face just felt really dried out...probably from the crazy heat in my room so I went to the bathroom and soaked my face in cold water. After that my whole face and eyelids felt very rejuvenated and I felt pretty much comfortable after that I did it again just before and my eyes don't feel too dry right now. I didn't even put drops in yet.

But anyways, my question again is what is the deal with the night time and dryness? Is there something scientific about eyes getting drier at night? More tired so less communication to the nerves?

I'm a little less than 5 months post op so I know I still have healing to go. My eyes were much worse 3 months ago. But things have improved a lot since then thank God

Hi, JaredK511.

If we knew knew the answer to why our eyes ache / fatigue / burn at night, we'd put allergan (eye drop company) out of business!

I have the same problem. A drop that has helped me is Dwelle, and I get it from Rebecca's store, here at the Dry Eye Zone. However, I don't just use it when I need it, like people use Visine. I use it every four hours, whether I need it or not. While it did not solve my problem, it has reduced the number of days that my eyes burn or start to feel like they just want to be closed at night, even when I am not tired. The dwelle drops, however, do leave some stuff around the eyes that is like rubber cement-- not pleasant, but I could not get by without it. I also use Genteal Gel before I go to sleep to help me at night, and I wear Tranquileyes goggles to get me through the night. (In addition to dry eye, I have another corneal problem.)

I wish I knew why nights were so bad, but these are some things that have helped me.

I hope that your eyes improve.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
    X