Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new here with blepharitis/dry eyes

Hi i am new and seeking some advice.

I was diagnosed with blepharitis about a year and a half ago and it has been some trouble.
    Normally it isnt too bad, but sometimes i can get random flare ups which i normally combat with steroid eye gel. I have been prescribed it before but normally i stock up on it abroad (Greece) as you can buy it over the counter for pennies.
    I know the risks of using such treatments extensively, so i only ever use it one application at a time, and only when the flare ups get very bad.
    I regularly do hot compresses and clean my eye lids, but i find if i clean my eye lids too often, the outside edge of my eyelid gets very itchy and sore. If i itch it with my nail it feels like its cracked and rough skin. I dont know if this is blepharitis or if im cleaning them too hard or using too much heat so its burning the skin. Does anyone else get this? Also when the flare ups get very bad it feels like there are bumps under my eyelid and they feel painful, using hot compresses dont seem to do them any good, infact they seem to get worse with heat, any advice?

I also get dry eyes, they get very dry at night and in the morning they hurt from the dryness. Weird thing is when ive been up a couple of hours the dryness goes and they are fine for the day. My optician says they look a bit dry but nothing major.

Lastly, the inside corners of my eyes itch a lot, this is also on and off. Sometimes the little bump of skin right in the corner of my eyes gets very itchy, i think this may be allergies but i dont know.

Can anyone give me some advice on the above questions?
    Thanks

I am having the same problem. The inside corner of my eyes sometimes becomes a bit swollen (red) and itchy. It usually happens in my left eye. I have blepharitis as well. I am also using eye drops to control my glaucoma. I have doubts as to whether the itchiness was caused by the eye drop due to an allergy or blepharitis. One doctor told me he suspected it was the blepharitis since the drops should affect both eyes equally. The other told me that it was possible that it is an allergy since the eye drops could affect one eye more than the other. I recently discovered little hives on my eyelids which has led me to suspect it is more of an allergy. If you have something like a rash or little weal on your eyelid, then most probably it is due to allergies.
    Are you currently using any other eye drops or anything that could possibly cause an allergy?
    The lids when i scrubbed them was also initially itchy and sore but it got better with time. I don't know if yours would be the same but there's a chance.
    If only I had known, I would have taken better care of my eyes....... I want to turn back the hands of time

Comment

Originally posted by rooneyandfergie View Post
      I am having the same problem. The inside corner of my eyes sometimes becomes a bit swollen (red) and itchy. It usually happens in my left eye. I have blepharitis as well. I am also using eye drops to control my glaucoma. I have doubts as to whether the itchiness was caused by the eye drop due to an allergy or blepharitis. One doctor told me he suspected it was the blepharitis since the drops should affect both eyes equally. The other told me that it was possible that it is an allergy since the eye drops could affect one eye more than the other. I recently discovered little hives on my eyelids which has led me to suspect it is more of an allergy. If you have something like a rash or little weal on your eyelid, then most probably it is due to allergies.
      Are you currently using any other eye drops or anything that could possibly cause an allergy?
      The lids when i scrubbed them was also initially itchy and sore but it got better with time. I don't know if yours would be the same but there's a chance.

The only eyedrops i am using are Optive and Optrex drye ey drops.
      how hard should you scrub the eye lids and what temperature should the hot compresses be? I think im overdoing it.

Comment

Working...
      X