Young with Dry Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young with Dry Eyes

I'm currently only 19 years old and about 2 months ago I started having eye difficulties. I just recently learned it was due to having dry eyes. It was really hard because I worn contacts for about 5 years all day and had to switch to glasses use. My ophthalmologist put me under restasis, but am also using Theratears omega-3 nutritional pills and lubricant eye-drops. When I first started the omega-3, i took 3 pills every morning (due to the directions), but now am starting taking only 1 pill due to my small size (I'm 5'1) and age. I'm afraid of my body getting use to taking 3 pills and won't be able to stop. Is this a good idea?

I would go by what works for you. If 1 works, fine, if it takes 2 and it helps, fine. Or even more. I take much more myself but it's working for me, others here have tried it all and nothing has worked yet. I also started dry eye problems very young but you have much more going for you today than when I started. You need to take care of your eyes. People who do not have this have no clue how bad it is. Take care.

Comment

Thanks

Yeah my problems started when while i was away at school (i'm back at home for summer vacation) and I was told by an optometrist and my school doctors it was just allergies. I was very depressed and hopeless. It was not until I got home an ophthalmologist i found out i had dry eyes. Its just been a hard time, but i think whatever i'm doing is working. my eyes do not feel gritty or raw anymore. Also, the inner eyelid is not as red as before. I'm just afraid of getting addicted to restasis.

Comment

about getting addicted to restasis. I was nervous about using this long term as well, and you are only 19. I weaned myself off of it after a while, and I am still doing ok. You may be able to do the same after a time of healing, and the various layers of the tear film restabalizing. It sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

Melissa
        pianolady

Comment

Working...
        X