pleae help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pleae help

Hello I am new to this forum. I suffer from blepharitis and ocular rosacea. My main question is ive tried everything Ive been to my opthamologist many many times. I wake up in the morning and my eyelids are swelled up and puffy and painful and irritated. Ive gotten into a normal routine of warmcompresses twice daily followed by lid scrubs (ocusoft) also I use cold compresses in the morning for 10 mins help a little but still miserable. I take doxycycline 100mg twice daily use hydro tears omega pills 4 pills a day and continu e with my refresh eye drops. Still miserable. Ive been seeing different ads for anti puff eye rollers(neutrogena) is this an option for me? Please any suggestions will help im at a lose and very upset. I am 24 years old and still young but feel my life is gonna be real difficult with problem. quite depressing. Any help please from anyone. What can I do.

Read The Dry Eye Remedy by Dr. Latkany

Hi,
    I also suffer from Blepharitis and also do warm compresses twice a day with lid scrubs and a cold compress usually once in the afternoon. I checked out Dr. Lankany's book from the local library and he has a chapter that he refers to as his Home Spa Treatment. I've been doing his Home Spa treatment twice a day once in the morning and before bed for about two weeks and I've noticed a difference in comfort and redness. The first couple of times I massaged my eyelids with the Q-tip I noticed a couple of whitish dots on each eye lid which I assume was pushing the oil out of my meibomian glands. Haven't seen anymore but I do think it is helping and I'd recommend giving it a try.

Comment

educate-yourself-and-you-will!

It really is the only way. The sooner you know the better.

I have blepharitis, MGD and something else that may be seborrheic dermatitis or ocular rosacea. I'm aqueous, oil, and mucin deficient. I'm only seeing some progress after spending hundreds of hours educating myself on the subject which led me to make some important decisions regarding my every-day treatment. When it comes to DES most doctors in this neck of the woods are completely useless so I had to take charge in order to make things happen.

I'd suggest you find a good one which shouldn't be so difficult in the US. Most of us have struggled with this which delayed seeing an improvement. I got on Doxy and Omega 3 supplements pretty soon after being diagnosed, but that took several months. It took me longer to get on other things including Restasis which didn't do anything at the beginning. A lot of people give up on it because they can't tolerate the itching and burning.

I couldn't do it either but with hard work and perseverance I found a way to overcome this obstacle. I also learned that Cyclosporine at 0.05% was too weak for some DE patients who had to wait three to six months or even longer before seeing an improvement. I couldn't wait that long so when I didn't see anything happening in a month's time I increased the concentration to 1%.

It worked and I began seeing an improvement within 1-2 weeks. I've tried every brand of eye drops except Clinitas 3 ultra which I'll be getting soon. The ones that have helped me the most are the anti-allergy and antibiotic ones but everyone's DE condition is different. I'm now using autologous serum.

My improvement has continued but researching DE treatments and medicines has become a time-consuming job. I'm not happy about it but I'm an artist and I depend on my eyes so I've had to put in the time and effort to see it happening. I'm trying acupuncture, Chinese herbs... and if walking barefoot in a swamp full of leeches had worked for anyone I'd also be giving it a shot.

If your tear film is oil deficient you should be expressing your glands on a daily basis. Eyelid hygiene twice a day should also be part of your routine. If you're in too much pain FML, Voltarem or Tremadol may offer you some relief. A good doctor will look after you but there are people on this forum who can give you good advice starting with Rebecca who's changed the lives of many of us. You're in the right place so that's a good start.
      Last edited by Ariel; 19-Aug-2010, 17:58.

Comment

Working...
      X