Post Lasik DE, new to DEZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Lasik DE, new to DEZ

Hello. I am a post lasik dry eye sufferer who has come over to this forum looking for information/experiences with the many topical products out there, and other ways to help with dry eye. My story in more detail is posted on the D'Eyealogues forum http://lasermyeye.org/forums/ under the same user name. A recent update about my eye pain, headaches, and use of restasis is located at http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2891. Prior to Lasik the only time I needed artificial lubrication was after wearing contacts (soft) in excess of 8 to 10 hours in one day. I never required drops upon waking up, and never when wearing my glasses. So, unfortunately, these DE related problems are new to me. I still hope, because I'm still in the healing period, things will improve with time. But until then I want to do what I can to aid the process, and avoid making things worse for the future.

Perception,
    I have read some of your posts on the sister forum and just wanted to say, "Welcome". There are many post Lasik survivors here, too, including myself.

Comment

Thanks

DG - Thanks for welcoming me and for your support. I've seen a couple of your posts. Sorry to hear about your issues. With the support of others who understand, it helps to be able to move ahead with life. I have a follow up with the LASIK surgeon tomorrow and just dread that I will walk out of there feeling frustrated at the lack of compassion and honest answers. We'll see. Luckily I went to an Optometrist last week that I truly felt cared and wanted to help.

Comment

I didn't truly understand the statement "misery loves company" but when it comes to DE there's a comfort in knowing that others know what you're going through and can offer advice, if not at least sympathize with you. For every DE case here there is a real person who’s life has been changed or turned upside down.

Good to hear you have found an Optometrist who really cares. I finally found one but he is 5 hrs away. My surgeon kicked me to the curb when they couldn’t answer all my questions and labeled my surgery a success. Too bad there isn’t any way to reimburse everyone the gobs of money it’s taken just to manage every day.

I can understand your concern about trying remedies that don’t end up hurting you down the road. I think about that every day. I have so many questions that I’m afraid I’d overload the forum if I asked them all.

Comment

Working...
        X