Epiphora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphora

I am a new member to the Dry Eye community, but I have had dry eye for several years due to Sjogren's Syndrome. For the past three years, my dry eye has been very severe and my right eye runs all of the time. I use Restasis, use Tranquileyes and use good lid hygiene, but it still has gotten worse. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything that will help it from getting worse?

Connie

Connie, do you have punctal plugs?
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Epiphora

Yes, I only go to an Opthalmologist - have for 40 years. He wanted to use cauterization, but I'm leary of permanent procedures. He did the temporary plugs and they didn't help at all. So I'm still trying various other ways. It would help if I didn't wear glasses because then I could wear the air tight goggles.

Comment

I have air tight goggles with RX lenses. I've had them for a long time. They have Transition lenses and progressive bigocals. They look kind of weird when you wear them indoors, but for all the times I've used them, they have saved my sanity.

More recently, I went to get new regular glasses. My face isn't very big, so i went to the children's frames. I got a pair of sunglasses frames and have my RX in them. They are tight to my face and are medium large frames, but look sharp compared to my foam goggles. There is little air that can get in there. I've been advising people on here to look at their local optical stores and check them out, especially if you need prescription glasses.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X