Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and at the sharing stories

Hi everyone.

I'm 25 and have been struggling with my eyes since early May this year. It started one night while I was putting on stage make-up. Eyes immediately flared up and felt very irritated. I thought I was just having a particularly sensitive night and since the show must go on, I continued with the make-up for some days, despite the increasingly red eyes. After the show ended, my eyes slowly went back to normal.

Late June, however, it struck again. This time there was no particular cause - I hadn't been wearing make-up for a while. My eyes were not painful, but bloodshot. I got eye-drops and used them for a week, until I broke out in styes and cysts. The GP suspected an allergy to my contacts, but I had not worn them for weeks either by that time, so I searched further. I was finally diagnosed with blepharitis and MGD.

I started doing warm compresses twice a day and using artificial tears. The initial redness now came with a full array of symptoms: dry eyes, burning, gritty feeling and I experienced a lot of discomfort especially at night. I kept up with the compresses and eyedrops, but it's now at a stage that I experience some discomfort basically all day long. Initially I was diagnosed with mild blepharitis, now it is severe and I have been prescribed antibiotics (though unsure whether to take them). I also cannot wear contacts or make-up, and lost my job because of it. It's quite depressing sometimes.

Just joined this forum to share with people who understand how aggravating this disease can be.

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job because of all this.

I don't wish to depress you but I had to change career because of it all; I just want you to know that you are in the company of people who understand how awful it can be. (Mind you - I like the job that I do now far better than the one I did before........ )

I have taken antibiotics for years. Of course I would rather not to have to take them but my consultant thinks my eyes get the benefit. Some brands can be a bit harsh on the stomach so it might mean trialling a few to find out which suits you.

Comment

** Spam Messages from user Serendipity **

I have an email out to Rebecca on this, but in the meantime I want to warn everyone - if you get a private message from a user named Serendipity, DON'T click on the link in her signature. My antivirus software identified it as a virus-hosting site.

Comment

Working...
      X