Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story

Hi all,

How are you guys doing? I was browsing online about dry eyes and found this forum which seems to be perfect. I am not sure if I suffer from dry eyes or allergies. I hope you guys can help me with few questions.

Here are my symptoms:

1). Can not bear sun light. My eyes start watering BIG time. I also get this feeling as something is stuck in my eye.
    2). Can not look into other people's eyes and talk. My eyes start watering again.
    3). Mostly I have trouble in the mornings.

I visited 2 doctors and both of them said different things. Initially they said I have dry eyes so I was using Systane and it looked like it did not help much. When I visited another doctor, he said I have allergies and prescribed Pataday. This seemed to really help me a lot but the eye drops bottle the doctor gave me lasted for only a week and it costs around $100 I started using zaditor instead and it does not seem to help me at all. So here are my questions.

1). I work in a small company and it does not offer vision insurance. Can you guys tell me some good plans out there which will cover prescription drugs along with the eye exam? I am looking for something which will allow me to have multiple eye exams too and probably an allergy test with less money to pay.

2). From my symptoms, can you guys tell if I have allergies or dry eyes?

3). I live in fort worth, Texas. Do any of you guys know a good doctor around here?

My right eye brow has started flickering too . I looked up online and it says its because of the stress. Pl Help.

Thx
    Last edited by Ravi; 07-Oct-2010, 08:29.

Originally posted by Ravi View Post
    Hi all,

How are you guys doing? I was browsing online about dry eyes and found this forum which seems to be perfect. I am not sure if I suffer from dry eyes or allergies. I hope you guys can help me with few questions.

Here are my symptoms:

1). Can not bear sun light. My eyes start watering BIG time. I also get this feeling as something is stuck in my eye.
    2). Can not look into other people's eyes and talk. My eyes start watering again.
    3). Mostly I have trouble in the mornings.

I visited 2 doctors and both of them said different things. Initially they said I have dry eyes so I was using Systane and it looked like it did not help much. When I visited another doctor, he said I have allergies and prescribed Pataday. This seemed to really help me a lot but the eye drops bottle the doctor gave me lasted for only a week and it costs around $100 I started using zaditor instead and it does not seem to help me at all. So here are my questions.

1). I work in a small company and it does not offer vision insurance. Can you guys tell me some good plans out there which will cover prescription drugs along with the eye exam? I am looking for something which will allow me to have multiple eye exams too and probably an allergy test with less money to pay.

2). From my symptoms, can you guys tell if I have allergies or dry eyes?

3). I live in fort worth, Texas. Do any of you guys know a good doctor around here?

My right eye brow has started flickering too . I looked up online and it says its because of the stress. Pl Help.

Thx
    Hi!

I have two suggestions that might help you:

1. The drug company that manufacturers Pataday might have a patient assistance program (which is probably income based) where you can receive this medication for free. Also, the manufacturer probably has coupons and/or rebates that might help you with the cost of the drug.

2. You might wish to contact Ut Southwestern Medical Center's Ophthalmology Department as perhaps they might have a doctor who takes your insurance plan/and or has a clinic which has a sliding scale pay (depending upon your income).

I hope this information is useful to you.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by nycdryeyegirl View Post
      Hi!

I have two suggestions that might help you:

1. The drug company that manufacturers Pataday might have a patient assistance program (which is probably income based) where you can receive this medication for free. Also, the manufacturer probably has coupons and/or rebates that might help you with the cost of the drug.

2. You might wish to contact Ut Southwestern Medical Center's Ophthalmology Department as perhaps they might have a doctor who takes your insurance plan/and or has a clinic which has a sliding scale pay (depending upon your income).

I hope this information is useful to you.

Pam
      Thanks a lot Pam. I will try that.

Comment

Working...
      X