I am a new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a new user

My mother is 81 and has severe dry eye and cannot find any relief. Please someone give me some pointers. She has been to the doctor and has 4 differet kind of drops, plugs that don't work. Is there anything I can do to help her.

I've found this link to be very helpful...

http://www.tearfilm.org/dewsreport/p...DEWS-noAds.pdf

There will be way more than you probably want (or need) to know, but out of everything in there, the chapter entitled "Management and Therapy of Dry Eye Disease" is particularly useful.

Comment

Welcome lfaurot. I'm glad your mother has you to help her! Dry eye is hard to deal with at any age.

Does your mother have a detailed diagnosis? If all she has been told is "dry eye", you may want to read this article.

With regard to getting dry eye pain under better control, I would pay close attention to night time coverage (moisture goggle or similar), having drops that really make her feel better, and maybe moisture chambers to use during the day if that's her worst time. I also want to give you this link to a bulletin I wrote recently - scroll down to the "Coping 101" section as you might find some useful pointers there.

If you can give us more information - on her diagnosis, on the specific things she's tried, and on her symptoms and what seems to make it better/worse, it will help us come up with ideas for her.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X