Dry eye patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye patient

My name is Janice and I am new to this site. I have Sjogren's syndrome. I have had problems with dry eyes more times than I count but am now going through the worst I have ever had. The eye clinc has a dry eye doctor and he has been working with me for several months. I had two enflamed cornea's and they just would not clear up have been on lotemax eye drops artifical tears. This time I agreed to try the drops made from your own blood sounds terrible but after three days they were helping. Have been on them for 3 weeks now. They use them in Germany but not here My doctor decided to get his crew together and make his own lab. So I am trying them. Still having some trouble with my right eye. Also i was told to wear sunglases most of the time. I wear glasses so had to get the kind you wear over your glasses full glasses, not clip on. They sell them at walmart. They tell me that there is no cure for Sjogren's. Now that didn't make me very happy.If you can get this serem it does help. But it is not FDA approved. They are a little expensive but worth the try. You get a three month supply. I go back to the doctor Nov.3th we will see if there is a big improvement. I was also told to drink a lot of water. Don't give up there has to be a answer for us!

Hi Janice!

I also have connective tissue diseases (lupus and sjogren's). My eye doctor had suggested that I try the serum eye drops because he had a number of patients whose eyes felt better after using serum drops.

Currently I am using Durezol steroid eye drops (which are very potent) and it seems to be helping me, so I have put off trying the serum eye drops for now.

By the way how many times a day do you use the serum drops and what is the strength (i.e., 20 %, 50%. etc) of them?

Pam

Comment

Working...
    X