Glad to have found this site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to have found this site!

Just a quick introduction...I'm a 48 y.o. woman living in Texas. I've had dry eyes since my teen years, but it has progressed significantly in the past four years. I've worn glasses my entire life, as my eyes have always been too dry for any type of contacts. (I've been too chicken to ever get any type of Lasik surgery & after reading some of your experiences here, I never will!!)

The treatments I've tried in the past include:
    Numerous over-the-counter drops - most relief was from Theratears gel
    Restasis - unable to use as it caused severe eye pain which brought on migraines
    Punctal Plugs - provided some relief but after a year of successful use, they caused granulomas in my eyes & had to be removed.

I often experience scratched corneas and sclera due to the dryness and am prescribed Ciprofloxacin (opthalmic solution) to prevent infection, and Lotemax.

I just recently (11/15/10) started using Lacrisert and 20% serum eye drops. I have an appt. next week to discuss punctal cauterization, which I am seriously considering.

I'm happy to have found this forum where I can discuss such topics as eye drops derived from your blood serum and NOT get shocked, queasy stares & asked if a REAL doctor prescribed them! I look forward to further conversations, and am excited about the wealth of information to be found here!

Maria
Working...
X