Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes and Blepharitis, Nothing is working

Hi,

I have been suffering from eye pain since July and had been to three different ophthalmologists but my pain is not relieved at all. Found this website and there is wealth of information and thought I might find some tips.

Suddenly started having pain in my eyes (right eye much more than left) and diagnosed with severe dry eyes (both water and oil layers) and blepharitis. Nothing is making the pain better. There is also severe light sensitivity and also hurts with focus for reading/looking at people and talk. There is no vision problem like blurry/double vision. There is no discharge and redness. There is slight eye lid inflammation. I got the vision test done and my current lenses are still good and am using the glasses all the time.

Current treatment:
    Permanent punctal plugs
    Systate Balance drops
    Aza Site drops in the night
    Restasis (morning and night)
    Warm compress (two times a day)
    Ocusoft lid scrubs
    Super EPA capsules for omega3 fatty acids

Also tried the following in the past:
    dissolvable punctal plugs
    lotemax steriod drops
    systane ultra drops
    celluvisc drops
    genteal gel in the night
    Flax oil supplements

Could someone please suggest anything that can help me?

Regards
    Sailaja

Looking for information

Dry Eye Talk is a great resource but if your are looking for more information...I have just found this web site, http://www.dryeyepain.com/. I haven't explored it indepth and it seems to have much of the same information that "Dry Eye Talk" has but there may be something on it that you think is worth looking into or that you might want to take to and discuss with your opthalmologist.

Also, I don't know if you have read The Dry Eye Remedy, by Dr. Latkany, but it is well worth reading. Good luck with your search for information, I know how difficult it can be.

Comment

Working...
    X