Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member in LA

Hi everybody.
    It is my husband, JD, who has dry eyes due to a stem cell transplant graft vs. host disease. The pain has been unbearable, and he tried everything. We live in California and he has great doctors, but nothing worked...not any drops, plugs, medicines. The only relief he got was from a bandage contact which did not last long.
    So finally he was referred to Doheny eye clinic at University of Southern California and they recommended the Boston Scheleric prothesis lenses, and they are fabulous. I need to put them in and remove them for him every day, but the relief is so instantaneous that it is worth it to me.

I hope this site is helpful, which it appears to be.
    Laurie D

Hello and welcome, Laurie, from another Boston scleral wearer.

I'm so glad your husband is getting relief for the GVHD - that's a dreadfully painful thing to deal with. I think that GVHD and SJS are among the conditions where Boston sclerals really provide the most reliable and dramatic relief.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Laurie! I'm practically jumping for joy reading this post - I too have horrible eye problems from GVHD as a result of a stem cell transplant. I registered for this board looking to connect with someone who has been through the Boston lens process down at Doheny - I have finally been approved for them after dealing and have my first appointment on Feb. 28th. I'll be travelling down there from Northern California.

I would love to connect with you and your husband and get all of the details. As I'm sure you know having gone through the SCT process, I'm getting really tired of always having to be having procedures and doing things that are out of my comfort zone. Not to mention that I'd like to be able to get back to normal already!!! I'm very thankful for the success that I've had so far with the SCT, but it's been a rough road. Any information about what to expect in LA and after I get my lenses - the more detailed the better - would be greatly appreciated!

Megan

Comment

Working...
      X