Looking for information about job accommodations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information about job accommodations

I am new to the site. I know little about on-line chats/posts etc. I have a job accommodation that still has not been resolved since October 2010. I have chronic blepharitis, due to toxic epidermal necrolysis over 30 years ago. I have just accepted that I should be grateful for my eyesight and have suffered the eye discomfort. I was very excited when I stumbled upon the dry eye talk website. I wear very large therapeutic soft lens for bandage purposes because I also have entropion from the TEN. I use humidifiers at home. I have no air ducts only overhead ceiling fans and use window air conditioners at home. I need humidification and air flow control to work comfortably in the office. My eye care provider requested I work from home every other day to change the environment. I presented this letter of medical necessity with the work accommodation form. I am a supervisor. We have telecommuter supervisors. The decision seemed a no brainer to me, but my employer has not considered this option. They are looking for a battery operated humidifier (an electric one will affect the computers I am told) that they think will do the job in my 4x 8 open cube on a floor with 100 cubes! My cube is near the cold air return duct. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello and welcome!

I don't have any info/suggestions to contribute to the the job accommodation issue but just in terms of practical ways to manage:

Originally posted by TENSsurvivor View Post
    I wear very large therapeutic soft lens for bandage purposes because I also have entropion from the TEN. I use humidifiers at home. I have no air ducts only overhead ceiling fans and use window air conditioners at home. I need humidification and air flow control to work comfortably in the office. ... My cube is near the cold air return duct. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Do you have moisture chamber glasses of some kind yet?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X