new here & miserable (in Miami) :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here & miserable (in Miami) :(

h! Im new to posting but have been lurking here since spring of 2010. Ive decded to finally post b/c it looks lke I will be a DES sufferer for long time. Im down to getting plugs or glaucoma inducing anti-inflammatories & I am completely unsure about everything. Im gonna try plugs in Feb but I dont even know if i should. Ive been to 2 docs already & a 3rd one for the plugs. Im so so frustrated & depressed.
    Anyone else here from south Florida?
    miserable in Miami...

Sorry to hear how bad you feel. From what I have heard, plugs work for one person and not for another, so it's trial and error. Are you a steroid responder? Otherwise, it's a bit of a blanket statement for you to say that anti-inflammatories (I assume you mean steroids) are all "glaucoma inducing." At least I Hope not, otherwise my doctor is a liar I've been on and off Alrex, a low-dose steroid before (and am currently on it for ocular allergies that I cannot seem to get under control) and am having my pressure checked regularly. It really helps my itching and stinging and redness.

Comment

hi nanerpus! all I know is that my first doc said I could try anti-inflammatory drugs but that he really doesnt want to put me on those b/c they can cause glaucoma. Although to be honest i dont think this doc is very good. Im seeing a new doc in Feb for the plugs but before plugs I am going to suggest if I should try an allergy med again.

also I have been reading up on bleph & lid hygiene & I really need to try that again... i did a rather so-so job keeping my eyes cleaned up & gave up quickly when it wasnt giving me fast results. Also I ddnt put much importance on lid hygiene b/c neither of my docs so far have told me I have bleph or any kind of eye or lid infection, so i figured that must not be my problem. But like I have stated I dont think the 2 docs Ive seen have been very good. So Im gonna buy that Ocuscrub stuff & try it two times a day & make sure i avoid rubbing my eyes with my hands(Im awful with that habit!)
      miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
      X